The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
TRef21,

Don't get into conversations with players. Majority of the time they aren't interested in what you have to say, even if it is rational and in their best interest. If they ask you a question, keep the answer short and concise, but don't get caught in debating with them.

Now on the first T on #24, in my experience, the coach wants to know what the player said or did to get the T. So I don't know if either you or your partner told the coach why he got the T. If #24 or any of his teammates continue to display the actions that got #24 the first T, I would get to the coach ASAP and explain to him the situation and what's going to happen real soon if things don't change. Assuming he isn't blind, he's seeing what his players are doing. Give him the opportunity to get his players straightened out. Any technicals from that point on are pretty much unarguable.

If this was HS game, I would probably involve the team's captain for help in controlling his teammate(s).

Try to keep your emotions out of it. There is already enough emotions on the court flying around. Let the rules book be your third partner out there and stick to it. This is a good experience to learn from.....