The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 22, 2008, 06:51pm
Official Forum Member

Caught One in the Brain Bucket

T with A1 just crossing the division line, was about 3 ft inbounds since H coach was in his box(back to court) talking to a player on bench. A1 dribbles across half court and B1 swats ball away and comes running toward me. I start toward the sideline, forgetting coach is up and take both of us and about 3 players from the bench to the ground. Next time I went by the coach he was in the bleachers talking to the player from behind him.
Old Tue Jan 22, 2008, 08:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Stripes ?? Gray ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Here in Ontario we previously wore greys. Without question, once a year (or more) a player would pass me the ball. It's been 3 seasons since my local went to stripes and how many times have I been passed to since? None.
Good point for those states, boards, or associations thinking about switching to gray from stripes. At least home teams are no longer allowed to wear gray, they must wear whiute.
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Cheerleader did what

I know better than to read bad ohmen threads on a game day!!

Last night, 3 game set, 5 grade, 6th grade and 7/8 grade combo.

2nd game, 6th grade, This is a small gym. The court is full size but there is approx 1 to 2 feet from baseline to wall, less than a foot from sidelines to bleachers. So the cheerleaders generally stand at the baseline near the basket that thier team will have in the second half.

4th quarter, not a real exciting game but pretty clean for a 6th grade game. I am on the baseline in the mix of the cheerleaders who have been instructed to give us room when we come down. Home team makes the basket and the ball bounces away towards me. I turn to grab the ball and put it at the disposal of the visiting team just as one of the cheerleaders is doing the normal jump kick with the arm flares after a made basket

and CRACKS me rite in the forhead! brought tears to my eyes instantly.

3rd game, same situation as above 3rd quarter. Ball goes baseline farside so i move in to get the good angle. I dont know what cheer they were doing but I take one step towards the play and WHACK, cheerleader smacks me rite on the butt. I tried to just ignore this and act like it didnt happen but, some of the parents saw it and decide to razz both of us over it.

Fun night all in all though!
Old Wed Jan 23, 2008, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Lucky I didn't get arrested...Part 2...

High School aged girls rec league tournament. After a TO I'm trail with team A inbounding the ball along the baseline in their backcourt. We are pretty relaxed with the mechanics in this league so I'm standing near the sideline at about the free throw line tossing the ball to A1. After I chop time in, I immediately turn to head up court and there is a girl bent over tying her shoe right in front of me (BENT OVER not kneeling down like most people would do). I was not able to stop in time and to keep from falling over on top of her I instinctively put my hands down to catch myself and they just so happen to go right directly to her hips, making it look like we were...you get the idea.

The entire gym got a kick out of it and every official working that weekend must have heard about it so I got lots of grief over that one.