The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb Basketball Shoes for Officiating

I currently have the Reebok Shiny shoes. I wore them for two seasons and the support and comfort is gone. I was wondering if anyone has used the New Balance and how they are for Support and comfort. I'd really like to find some black running shoes to wear because it seems running shoes have better support. Nike usually has great shoes but I haven't found any all black. Thanks for any advice in [email protected]
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

And I don't think you'll have much luck finding running shoes in all black. Generally running shoes have lots of reflective fabrics and light colors to help be seen at night while running.

You can go to NikeID.com and have shoes made up in whatever colors you want, though.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Thanks Smitty,

Smitty, Thanks for bringing that point up. I didn't even think of that. I guess I should have been asking the positives and negatives to having Running Shoes vs. Court shoes. So Do you recommend Court Shoes over Running shoes?? Sure don't need to turn an ankle during a game. I was thinking about the bottom of my feet not being in pain with the comfort. Thanks again for [email protected]
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

Once this summer I filled in last minute for someone who didn't show up - I was early for my game and I didn't have time to change my shoes - I was wearing my running shoes. About 3 trips up and down the court, all I could think about was I couldn't wait for halftime so I could change into my basketball shoes. It puts a strain on your ankles because there's just no support. The comfort becomes a moot point because you move laterally so much it begins to be uncomfortable.

I'm no expert, but I would recommend basketball shoes. I'd ask you this - would you wear your running shoes to play a game of basketball?
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 04:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Shoes are an extremely personal thing. What you wear is going to greatly be affected by your personal issues and preference. I have had some court shoes that were terrible and I currently am wearing a shoe that is primarily a running shoe. Also not all shoes work for all types of situations. If you are working 4 or 5 games in a row, you might consider another shoe as compared to if you are working games during the season and you are running around for one game.

Peace
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 04:12pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Lightbulb

When I need new shoes, the rule I use is to buy whatever's on sale. It's worked so far.

Of course, I make up my own rules.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Cool referee shoes

I`ve always liked the 3/4 sneakers,official`s choice made the best shoe ever,now it`s discontinued. I`d say go with cross trainers, mainly due to the extra lateral support.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
How does the marker hold up? Do you have to do many touch ups?
Not sure if that was for me or Nevada, but, it depends on how you run and make the transition change of direction.

I tend to have a little bit of heel and toe scuffs on mine from crossing over, so about once a week I'll look for any areas that need the marker...this is pretty rare...and then go over them with Kiwi liquid. Takes about 2 or 3 minutes.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Thanks Smitty,

Smitty, Thanks for bringing that point up. I didn't think to look at the Positives and Negatives to having running shoes vs. Court Shoes. I was thinking of the comfort of the bottom of my feet. I assume you vote for Court Shoes, Wondered if anyone uses running shoes to Officiate Basketball......thanks again for the [email protected]
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Something I do is if I'm doing several games I never do more than 2 games in the same shoes. I always have 2 pairs with me, find a couple of pairs you like, put them both in your bag and change shoes and socks every couple of games...your feet will thank you.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone tried these? New Balance BB610BP

http://www.newbalance.com/products/BB610BP/
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R
Has anyone tried these? New Balance BB610BP

http://www.newbalance.com/products/BB610BP/
Thanks, Jay. I have loved every pair of New Balance I have ever owned. But they quit making my current shoe. I will be trying this one!
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

BITS, I'm not promoting the shoe. It's just I'm looking for shoes for next season and I was wondering if anyone had comments about these new NB.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 08:51pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
Something I do is if I'm doing several games I never do more than 2 games in the same shoes. I always have 2 pairs with me, find a couple of pairs you like, put them both in your bag and change shoes and socks every couple of games...your feet will thank you.
Seems kind of wasteful to spend $40-$60 for a pair of shoes, wear them twice and then chuck them.
Old Wed Aug 15, 2007, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Seems kind of wasteful to spend $40-$60 for a pair of shoes, wear them twice and then chuck them.
It would be, but when you are as good as me Nike gives you a shoe deal.