The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 30, 2007, 02:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

First of all your credibility with me is out the window (I am not judging this based on what others may or may not think). I do not care what you say about most things when you cannot recite a simple and obvious rule. You only talk about how human the officials are (we already know this) and that they make mistakes.

Secondly Lebron got calls because he earned them. He went to the basket and was more aggressive and he got calls as any good, knowledgeable player does no a regular basis. Lebron was very tentative in Games 1 and 2 and the calls that were not made in his favor are no different than other calls not made over the course of those games. Also what happen in Game 2 has nothing to do with Game 1, 3 and 4. The officials are not the same and the style of play can change. If you have not watched the Western Conference Finals, each game has been very different.

My point once again is what happen to Lebron and this season has broken a lot of myths in very obvious fashion. Because the media has spent a lot of their time talking about how the NBA set things up for certain teams and they do not go along with that philosophy, the media gets mad about it. In other words when the media cannot prove something, they run with it and start drawing conclusions. The unfortunate thing is you claim to be an official and you do not have enough sense to realize that officials do not care what the media thinks. The media is the same people talking about how dumb the balk rule is in baseball and the rule is in place to advocate offense and not have pitchers trying to fool batters and runners. Basically when people do not understand something by learning the rules and the complexity of the game, they start throwing out conspiracies instead of picking up something and reading which might take some time. Sound familiar?

I also did not create this to get into a full scale debate if this was a foul or not. The point was to illustrate that the officials passed on a foul that is widely thought of based on who is involved in the play. We can always disagree on what is a foul or not. I do not think it was a foul because the defender did nothing wrong and if this was my game at the HS or college level I would have likely passed as I do often during the season.

Peace
Old Thu May 31, 2007, 07:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
First of all your credibility with me is out the window (I am not judging this based on what others may or may not think).
I keep trying to tell you my credibility is not on trial here.

Quote:
I do not care what you say about most things when you cannot recite a simple and obvious rule.
What does this have to do with NBA stars not getting fouls? Me citing a rule or not has nothing to do with that. I am amazed at how hard you guys try to paint me into a corner on this forum. You don't want me to be a referee, do you? The fact of the matter is, I am and I'm not going to stop because you think I can't cite a rule. Most of us, don't like to be told what to do. Even more of us don't like to be told in an insulting manner. Case in point, I had a play happen in my primary and I wasn't quite sure what just happened. Coach sitting right next to me jumped up and demanded a foul call. I was putting things together in my mind of this play while the coach became more and more irate, I just had to stop and address him. Coach would you let me call the game. Now it's too late to call the foul and he's even madder. He continues to go on and guess what. Now we going to call a foul on you, TF!

Quote:
Secondly Lebron got calls because he earned them. He went to the basket and was more aggressive and he got calls as any good, knowledgeable player does no a regular basis. Lebron was very tentative in Games 1 and 2
I beg to differ but we will see tonight. Remember, a foul is a foul, no matter in Cleveland or Detriot. A player should not have to go to the hole more aggressive to get a foul. That might lead to a charge or out of control situation. But then, what do I know. I can't even recite a simple rule.

Quote:
My point once again is what happen to Lebron and this season has broken a lot of myths in very obvious fashion. Because the media has spent a lot of their time talking about how the NBA set things up for certain teams and they do not go along with that philosophy, the media gets mad about it. In other words when the media cannot prove something, they run with it and start drawing conclusions. The unfortunate thing is you claim to be an official and you do not have enough sense to realize that officials do not care what the media thinks.
First of all your point. If it's the media, that's there job. They're not trying to find the truth, they're trying to find a story that everyone will want to tune in for. That sells tickets my man, that's where the biggest part of the money this great franchise pockets, comes from, the media. But then what do I know. I can't even recite a simple rule, but you would think, with all your intelligence, you would know that.

As far as the officials not caring. It's in there contract not to care or talk to the media. Making the kind of money the NBA officials make. I wouldn't say a damn thing to the media or care what they said either. A wise man once said, it's not what you say that counts, its what you do.

Have a nice day...
Old Thu May 31, 2007, 08:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I keep trying to tell you my credibility is not on trial here.
You do not have to try to tell me anything. Your credibility as well as other people's credibility is on the line when you post. Considering your knowledge of officiating when you have posted in the past, your opinion on this is rather laughable. You can try all you want to get me and others to not talk about it, but the fact you do not even know how to call a GT call properly makes me really wonder about your knowledge of the NBA and the things NBA Officials do.

Peace
Old Thu May 31, 2007, 08:53pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
1) I keep trying to tell you my credibility is not on trial here.

2) You don't want me to be a referee, do you?

1) You don't have any credibility.

2) Actually we all would prefer that you were a real, live honest-to-goodness referee instead of a troll. If you were a referee, you might get a rule right every now and then, or maybe even actually understand a little of what we're talking about.

Have you checked McGriffs lately, JMO? Maybe they'll start up again and you can resume pissing off officials over there too.
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 07:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Coach sitting right next to me jumped up and demanded a foul call. I was putting things together in my mind of this play while the coach became more and more irate, I just had to stop and address him. Coach would you let me call the game. Now it's too late to call the foul and he's even madder. He continues to go on and guess what. Now we going to call a foul on you, TF!
Coach had a right to be pissed at you. You see a play, can't decide what actually happened, decide to do nothing, and then want to "T" the coach. Great game management.
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 03:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblref
Coach had a right to be pissed at you. You see a play, can't decide what actually happened, decide to do nothing, and then want to "T" the coach. Great game management.
I can't guess either. If I'm not sure, I'm not calling it, coach can get piss off all he wants, it ain't gonna change. I did not want to T the coach but he crossed the line, now that I am sure of. I thought it was great game management too.

Would you prefer I guess to make the coach happy?
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Would you prefer I guess to make the coach happy?
My guess is that's what you do every time you make or don't make a call: guessing.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 03:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
My guess is that's what you do every time you make or don't make a call: guessing.
Based on most of his threads I would like to second that.

Peace
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Based on most of his threads I would like to second that.

Peace
You misspelled "treads."
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 04:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

I will make note of this in the future.

Peace
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 10:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
A wise man once said, it is better to miss a call and risk being wrong then to make a call and be wrong.

Oh, and I second that!
Old Fri Jun 01, 2007, 10:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
A wise man once said, it is better to miss a call and risk being wrong then to make a call and be wrong.

Oh, and I second that!
Who said that? Nobody, you just made it up.

Peace
Old Sat Jun 02, 2007, 06:14am

Quote:

Peace
A wise man said that, I told you, but you would not believe me if I told you it was me, so I just say the wise man. The wise man also said, be not too concern with who said it, but what is said.

Have a nice day
Old Sat Jun 02, 2007, 06:53am
In Memoriam

Quote:
A wise man said that, I told you, but you would not believe me if I told you it was me, so I just say the wise man. The wise man also said, be not too concern with who said it, but what is said.

Have a nice day
Old Sat Jun 02, 2007, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Peace
I have heard many clinicians say something to the effect of "It's better to miss something that did happen than to call something that didn't happen."

I think there aer exceptions to that rule, however.