The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NBA Stars getting foul calls? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/35003-nba-stars-getting-foul-calls.html)

JRutledge Thu May 24, 2007 10:01pm

NBA Stars getting foul calls?

I thought superstars got were supposed to get all the calls?

Did anyone see the last shot attempt made by Lebron James and no foul was called? :D

Peace

johnSandlin Thu May 24, 2007 10:10pm

Consider score, time, and situation and also where the game was played at. As much as I am huge Pistons fan, that was a foul on Hamilton.

JRutledge Thu May 24, 2007 10:15pm

Actually John I am going to have to disagree with you. For full disclosure I am a Piston fan as well. But this was not a foul if you look at the replay that was basically floor level. Hamilton put his hand on the ball and there was incidental contact with the arms. If you get the ball first, incidental contact should be after. This is especially the truth when the shooter was not knocked down. I would not call that foul in a middle school game.

Peace

rockyroad Thu May 24, 2007 10:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
Actually John I am going to have to disagree with you. For full disclosure I am a Piston fan as well. But this was not a foul if you look at the replay that was basically floor level. Hamilton put his hand on the ball and there was incidental contact with the arms. If you get the ball first, incidental contact should be after. This is especially the truth when the shooter was not knocked down. I would not call that foul in a middle school game.

Peace

So what about the beginning of the drive, when Hamilton stuck his left hand in LeBron's chest and used it to slow him down...nothing there either?

JRutledge Thu May 24, 2007 10:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad
So what about the beginning of the drive, when Hamilton stuck his left hand in LeBron's chest and used it to slow him down...nothing there either?

I saw Lebron use his right arm to get space and Hamilton held his ground. If anything, the play with Wallace where he Wallace hit the winning basket was a bigger foul than anything that took place on that final play.

Peace

rockyroad Thu May 24, 2007 10:50pm

Quote:

I saw Lebron use his right arm to get space and Hamilton held his ground. If anything, the play with Wallace where he Wallace hit the winning basket was a bigger foul than anything that took place on that final play.

Peace

I assume you are referring to an offensive foul on Wallace, right? If so, I would agree..I didn't really think there was a foul at the end of LeBron's move, but they never really showed a replay of the beginning which - when I first saw it live - made me go "Hmmmm".

JRutledge Thu May 24, 2007 11:18pm

Quote:

I assume you are referring to an offensive foul on Wallace, right? If so, I would agree..

I will admit I did not see the entire play, but that looked like a clear push off. I wonder if the officials thought the Cleveland player flopped.

Quote:

I didn't really think there was a foul at the end of LeBron's move, but they never really showed a replay of the beginning which - when I first saw it live - made me go "Hmmmm".

I think there was pushing on both of the players parts and the officials just let it go. I saw the play live and that was my first impression. I thought that Hamilton might have even fouled. When I saw the replay I think my first impression was at the very least wrong. I think it was a great no call all the way.

Peace

Jurassic Referee Fri May 25, 2007 05:16am

My wife asked me if I was going to watch the basketball game. I said "What basketball game? There's a wrestling match on that's gonna end up around 72-69." It sounds like I was right.

The NBA....unwaaaaaaatchable! And boring as hell......

Jurassic Referee Fri May 25, 2007 07:23am

Quote:

I will admit I did not see the entire play, but that looked like a clear push off. I wonder if the officials thought the Cleveland player flopped.

I went to NBA.com to take a look at it. It's at:

http://www.nba.com/video/

Click on "Wallace's Big Fourth". Play it on "slow" speed.

Is that a foul under basketball rules? Definitely!

Is it a foul under NBA rules? Apparently not!

The last-second drive video by LeBron is on there too.

Dan_ref Fri May 25, 2007 08:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I went to NBA.com to take a look at it. It's at:

No thanks. Not worth sitting through a commercial to look at. I'll wait for the youtube version.

Jurassic Referee Fri May 25, 2007 09:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
No thanks. Not worth sitting through a commercial to look at. I'll wait for the youtube version.

There's no commercial.

Dan_ref Fri May 25, 2007 09:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
There's no commercial.

Either that was a commercial or Marv's taken up wearing women's clothes again and he really loves his Blackberry.

He looks good btw, lost a lot of weight.

Jurassic Referee Fri May 25, 2007 09:55am

Quote:

Either that was a commercial or Marv's taken up wearing women's clothes again and he really loves his Blackberry.

He looks good btw, lost a lot of weight.

Huh? I didn't get a commercial with that link. I clicked on the picture and it goes right into the video. Maybe your computer needs an exorcist?

And......when did Marv <b>stop</b> wearing wimmen's clothes?:confused:

<i>I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.....</i>

Dan_ref Fri May 25, 2007 09:58am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDrIMzHzQQk

Jurassic Referee Fri May 25, 2007 10:04am

Quote:

Bee-yoo-tiful.......

I break out laughing ever time I see that. Never fails.

Thanks, Slappy.