The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Jul 26, 2007, 05:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
(..sip...gulp...)

Hmm...seems a bit cool in here...that chill pill must be working already.

Tsk, tsk, Jeff, there you go living in the past again - bringing up things that happened a long time ago. I'm in the present, where currently no one has one anything yet. But it is fun to look at the current standings. Not the past standings, like last year, 1983, 1945, whatever. Current standings. You know, the ones that show the Cardinals closer to last place than to the next team above them, the Cubs. The Tigers, well they're doing ok, except losing 3 out of 5 in a series to the lowly White Sox. You know, a current series.

Ok, I'm done with you. I'm going home to watch current stuff on TV, like the Brady Bunch and Bonanza on cable.
OK let us deal with the present. The Cubs have not won anything. The Cubs are not even in first place. The Milwaukee Brewers are currently in first place. The Cubs are still behind in the Wild Card as well. The Cardinals are the current World Series Champions. There is still a loooooonnnnnggg way to go, but you make it sound like the Cubs are in first place by 100 games and the playoffs have been clinched. Things could get a lot better or a lot worse. But at least get to first place before you talk about anything. Because I suspect that just like previous years the Cubs will fade.

Someone told me a long time ago. "In order to know ones future, you must know ones past."

Peace