The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Did you hear about the blonde who got fired from working on the M&M quality control line? She threw out all the W's.
Hey, isn't there already a Jokes thread in the General forum?!?! Quit posting off-topic stuff in my off-topic thread!!
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

Paging Nurse Ratched...one of your patients has unauthorized use of the computer...please medicate appropriately...

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:22pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
First game of the double-header is in the books.
The White Sox look like they're not even trying anymore in some games. Kinda makes you wonder if Ozzie has gone by his Past Due date.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
The White Sox look like they're not even trying anymore in some games. Kinda makes you wonder if Ozzie has gone by his Past Due date.
Garland looked pretty good through 7, except for one bad inning in the 4th. He came out for the 8th and looked done, then the bullpen imploded. Okajima did his usual great job and Timlin looked pretty good for the BoSox. Chicago had a couple guys on against Timlin, but couldn't do anything with them.

I hope Papelbon has a chance for the save tonight.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
I hope Papelbon has a chance for the save tonight.
Well......I hope Gagne has a chance for a save tonight(bigger ).
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah. . . not so much.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 05:54pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Unhappy

Quote:
Unfortunately, this season is a bust for my White Sox. The only high point is the performance of Bobby Jenks. Of course that means the Sox will probably trade him.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Not likely. It's 9-1 in favor of the Red Sox in the 5th. If Schill can hold it together for a little while longer, we shouldn't need a closer tonight (he said, tempting fate).

In Jacksonville, new daddy Tom Brady is looking pretty good, too. Patriots are up 17-7, and would be pitching a shut-out if not for one long play that caught the defense sleeping at the end of the first half.
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 05:57am
In Memoriam

Lah me, starting a game at 11pm. I got up in the middle of the night to water the dogs and it was still going on.

I did catch the replay of Posada being tossed. He was one mad l'il catcher person.
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 06:36am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Lah me, starting a game at 11pm. I got up in the middle of the night to water the dogs and it was still going on.

I did catch the replay of Posada being tossed. He was one mad l'il catcher person.
From usatoday.com -
Carlos Guillen's three-run homer lifted Detroit to a 9-6 win over the New York Yankees on Saturday morning.
''First time I hit one at 3:30 in the morning,'' Guillen said. ''Long day for us.''
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 09:45am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Guillen said. ''Long day for us.''
Iirc, the decision as to whether the game is gonna start or not is made by the home team management. Iow, it was up to Dee-troit to decide to wait the 4 hours. The umps can't make any decision either way until after they've seen a pitch. Correct?
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 10:01am
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:
Iirc, the decision as to whether the game is gonna start or not is made by the home team management. Iow, it was up to Dee-troit to decide to wait the 4 hours. The umps can't make any decision either way until after they've seen a pitch. Correct?
As you said, the home team management has the authority to delay or postpone [due to weather or unfit field] until that authority is given to the umpires via handing the home team's line-up card to the plate umpire [in the case of last night's game (4.01d)]. There are other ways to get the home teams authority that did not apply last night.
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

Heck of a weekend so far. 11-3. 10-1 and 14-2 for the good guys. Nice of Chicago to throw batting practice for us. Wake gets his 16th win, tying Beckett for the MLB lead. The lead in the East is back up to 7 games. Yanks are off to a 1st inning lead, tho. Go Tiggers!!

(All my good feelings vanished when I saw that Tavarez is slated for tomorrow's start )

Last edited by ChuckElias; Sat Aug 25, 2007 at 06:35pm.
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 10:39pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I got up in the middle of the night to water the dogs and it was still going on.
Middle of the night for you is when, 10 pm?
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 11:35pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Thumbs up

Saw a neat timing play (please correct me if that term in incorrect) between Toronto and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim where the runner heading home (originally R2?) seemed to slow up a bit and another runner was gunned out at third via a tag play.

They showed the replay up here in a split screen and the out occurred first, ending the inning (3rd out).

Officials were right on top of it!