The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 09:15pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy

Knowing you, you've got your route planned out to hit all of the Taco Bells in town.
Well, the plan is to go to the one by Hooters. That way I can make way over there to have a brew... I mean to eat... I mean to watch sports (uhhh, any games on tomorrow? )
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

For any of our football guys out there who might be interested, I just heard that the Monday Night Football game is being played with only six officials instead of the usual seven. The back judge injured his hamstring on a touchdown play early in the game and was unable to continue.
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

And since the crew is short a member, of course, the game goes to overtime.
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

The OT lasted a mere 16 seconds. The kick-off was returned to the 18. The first play was an 82-yard TD pass down the left sideline.
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

SportsCenter just showed the TD play by the Packers with 3:33 left in the 1st quarter on which the back judge injured his hamstring. He collided with a Denver player and went down. The sportscasters made a crack about the official not making an athletic play and then laughed as the screen showed him being helped off the field.
Old Mon Oct 29, 2007, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually, A-Rod and Boras tried to steal the spotlight by making their announcement during the game. At least the manager news was the next day. Also, I see Mattingly said he no longer wants to be a Yankee coach. I wonder if he'll get picked up by another team, or if he will decide to try something in the broadcast booth?

Knowing you, you've got your route planned out to hit all of the Taco Bells in town.
Of course...he's a starving college student!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 03:07am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
For any of our football guys out there who might be interested, I just heard that the Monday Night Football game is being played with only six officials instead of the usual seven. The back judge injured his hamstring on a touchdown play early in the game and was unable to continue.
Back Judge Jim Howey #37 went down with a hamstring injury and back spasms when it looked like a GB WR reversed field.

Jim is the fourth official to go down in 8 weeks: U96 U. Wash, U124 Swing Official C. Paganelli, HL21 J. Schleyer have all been injured.

Edit: I usually check for typos! Ooops.

Last edited by JugglingReferee; Tue Oct 30, 2007 at 05:48am.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 03:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Back Judge Jim Howey #37 went down with a hamstring injury and back spams .
That darn back spam...
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 06:51am
Official Forum Member

Can we please stay on off-topic? Or open a football thread? Sheesh.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually, A-Rod and Boras tried to steal the spotlight by making their announcement during the game. At least the manager news was the next day. Also, I see Mattingly said he no longer wants to be a Yankee coach. I wonder if he'll get picked up by another team, or if he will decide to try something in the broadcast booth?

Heard on the news coming to work this morning that Torres will be the new manager of the Dodgers (as soon as they fire the current one), and Mattingly is going with Torres.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:13am
In Memoriam

Best quote that I've read so far by a Yankee fan.......

"The Red Sox win the World Series. We lost A-Rod. I guess we both came out of it even."
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 08:28am
Keeper of the HAMMER

I heard Boras claiming the information was leaked and they did not intend to steal WS thunder.

Of course, if that were the case, they could have waited a couple of days before sending the fax.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Best quote that I've read so far by a Yankee fan.......

"The Red Sox win the World Series. We lost A-Rod. I guess we both came out of it even."
It must've been said by a Yankee fan, b/c it makes no sense. What does it even mean?

1) The Yankees getting rid of A-Rod is as big a win as the Sox winning the Series?

2) The Sox "came out even" (with whom) by winning the Series?

3) ?????

Both of those statements are ludicrous and stupid. I did like, however, the way Hank called the Yankees "my team". He's gonna be a good'un to have around for a while.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
It must've been said by a Yankee fan, b/c it makes no sense. What does it even mean?

1) The Yankees getting rid of A-Rod is as big a win as the Sox winning the Series?

2) The Sox "came out even" (with whom) by winning the Series?

3) ?????

Both of those statements are ludicrous and stupid. I did like, however, the way Hank called the Yankees "my team". He's gonna be a good'un to have around for a while.
I think if you had half a brain you would easily see that #1 is the intended inference.

Not that I don't doubt you have half a brain btw...
Old Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I think if you had half a brain you would easily see that #1 is the intended inference.

Not that I don't doubt you have half a brain btw...
Careful - I think he has half a mind to tell you to STFU.

(Used with permission.)