Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo
Regading situation #1 - how many officials have had this happen while working a game?
I have never had it happen. I dont give prelims unless there is a crash and there is no whistle.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 04:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Regading situation #1 - how many officials have had this happen while working a game?
I have had it happen about 4 times. One took place in a two man game in the dreaded trouble area on the Lead's side of the court but above FT line extended. All other times happen in 3 man games. Two of them frankly I do not see them as my fault. One of these situations originated completely in my area and my partner did not even raise their hand. Another situation my partner came right out and signaled without a stop clock signal. One of the situations I was too much in a hurry to make a call and did not see or hear my partner’s whistle or signal. Oh well, you live and learn.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 04:46pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Knock on wood, but so far so good. This hasn't happened to me yet. In our pre-game, this is a topic that is always discussed and to be patient on a double whistle make good eye contact before making a signal.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1
Knock on wood, but so far so good. This hasn't happened to me yet. In our pre-game, this is a topic that is always discussed and to be patient on a double whistle make good eye contact before making a signal.
I agree with the approach of referring the double whistle to the primary. I am guessing here, due to lack of experience, but I would suspect this would happen more often on lower level games, especially if one official is not calling violations and the other feels the need to expand his coverage.... Otherwise I would like to think we are watching different things and both would not have necessarily seen the Blarge. On 3 man, I could see a greater potential for this without good communication. Again a good learning topic.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2007, 05:22pm
M.A.S.H.

It just depends. It certainly happenes at the upper levels. All different situations cause it to happen: close game, caught up in the play and try to sell the call; partner calling out of their area, or whatever. Fact is, it happens, best way to avoid it is a good pre-game addressing the blarge.