View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 28, 2007, 12:24pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hough7865
Hey all,

I coach a middle school team, and my brother is in high school, and I was watching one of his games this year and two situations happened and I wanted to know if what the officials did was correct. High School rules please...

1) I think this is what people call a BLARGE [sp?]. Three officials on the game, and there is a collision in the paint. One official called it a charge, the other a block. They gave both players a foul, called a double foul, and went with the arrow....is this correct?

2) Different game, a player on the other team got blood on his jersey. The officials let him take the jersey of a player, in the book, sitting on the bench. Is this allowed? What happens to the other player? What if they get the bloody jersey clean...can the original player use it again, and can the other player put his original jersey back on?

Thanks!
1) Yes, provided there was no team control.

2) Yes, it's allowed. Interesting question, I suppose it would be possible if it was early enough in the game and they washed the jersey really quick. According to the comment in 3.3.6, I think it would be allowed for the player giving up his jersey to wear the jersey that was bloody.

Last edited by tjones1; Wed Feb 28, 2007 at 12:29pm.