View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 28, 2007, 12:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hough7865
Hey all,

I coach a middle school team, and my brother is in high school, and I was watching one of his games this year and two situations happened and I wanted to know if what the officials did was correct. High School rules please...

1) I think this is what people call a BLARGE [sp?]. Three officials on the game, and there is a collision in the paint. One official called it a charge, the other a block. They gave both players a foul, called a double foul, and went with the arrow....is this correct?
You go to the arrow only if their is no possession by a player/team. You go to the point of interruption if there was possession of the ball by a player/team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hough7865
2) Different game, a player on the other team got blood on his jersey. The officials let him take the jersey of a player, in the book, sitting on the bench. Is this allowed? What happens to the other player? What if they get the bloody jersey clean...can the original player use it again, and can the other player put his original jersey back on?

Thanks!
Yes this is allowed. If you cannot take care of the blood, a player is allowed to change jerseys with someone that has not played. I do not know about going back to the old jersey, I am not sure the rules cover this specifically, but the idea is to not keep a player completely out just because blood is on the jersey. It might not be their blood that is on their jersey.

Peace