The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Very well officiated D-I game last night

I watched in person last night as Steve Welmer, Ed Hightower, and Brad Ferrie called a great game with Missouri vs. Kansas State. A few theatrics, as both Steve and Ed like to make sure you know what they're calling, but overall one of the best-officiated games I've seen all year (probably have watched 10 D-I games in person).

Also a lot of fun to watch them work with two pretty outspoken coaches in Mike Anderson and Bob Huggins. Saw Huggins get the "stop" sign from Hightower once and Ferrie spent quite a bit of time with Anderson on occasion. Welmer seemed to end up on their side of the court a lot and had some pretty lengthy conversations.

Anyway - as a relatively inexperienced official focusing totally on NFHS for now, what do you recommend I watch (regarding officials) when at an NCAA game, and what's best to disregard? I know some things apply and some don't between the levels, but I'd be interested in what others look for when watching NCAA officiating, especially if you're not an NCAA official yourself.