The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 01, 2004, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Red face

I have been reffing 7th and 8th grade contests now for 2 years and after graduating high school last year I became certified to do high school. I have done 2 jamborees and 3 scrimmages this yea and last night was my first game. It was a JV girls game. I could tell it was the players' first game as well. There was no action. No hustle and was very one-sided. Of all my years being involved in bball I saw a first... A girl shot the ball and the ball came to rest on the flat part behind the rim. My partner was baffled and looked at me what to do. I called a jump ball and game continued. After the game the varsity officials were telling us for a boring game we did well. Only thing I have to work on is if I'm on the baseline and call a foul, I should walk around he players to keep distance and when I report the foul, not to keep moving/walking just stand still. I ref again tomorrow. I hope it goes better in the sense of its a real game haha. I've been reading on this forum for a while now and gave me greater insight in the game and now I would like to be involved thank you to all of you who help out. It really does help!!
Old Wed Dec 01, 2004, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Good job,

Keeping still when reporting a foul is one of the things I also have to improve on, I guess it's easier for the scorer to see a stationary hand then one that's moving around. Keep up the good work.