The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Actually, the NFHS book is available online, you just have to be a member to access it. Most states include your NFHS membership with your registration.
How many states actually do this? Utah doesn't.
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
Actually, the NFHS book is available online, you just have to be a member to access it. Most states include your NFHS membership with your registration.
TN does not. I would like to access it online but don't want to pay the $30 to NFHS for just online access. Everything else in the $30 I already get from the State.
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
See above.
Nope.

A lot of gyms have bleacher seating and most bleachers are designed to only be used when they are fully extended. Once you factor in the width of the scorer's/stat/media tables, you're at the court.
Old Thu Dec 21, 2006, 01:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazebra
The sub was from the defensive team and tripped the kid as he was coming off the bench due to the lack of space between the side line and the floor, and the official just simply gave the ball back to the offensive team as though it was out of bounds off the defensive team. In that case, I think it was the right thing to do, as it was clearly not an unsporting act. The defensive sub didn't even know the ball was right there, and he was trying to get past his coach. As for if the sub reached out, that would be the judgement of the official if he were protecting himself/the dribbler or not. If so, put it out of bounds. Neither coach said a word in the college game.
I wrote the original post on this situation. The key element was that the contact occurred on the out of bounds side of the boundary plane. As for whether or not the right call was made by the official, that's debateable. There is no rules support other than 2-3 for what the official did. I do agree that the play was not an unsporting act.
Old Thu Dec 21, 2006, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

I think that was the only "common sense" thing to do--when it is a facility issue, how can you penalize either team?