The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 11, 2006, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjenning
Something about your wording sounds like you might believe the feet have to remain planted during a spot throw-in. A "spot" throw-in only requires that the thrower keep one foot within a 3 foot wide area and that foot does not have to be on the floor - just within the plane of that 3 foot window - so this does give some latitude for movement; they just cannot take off and "run the baseline"... in all cases, the thrower can back up away from the court as far they wish.
Yeah I see your point but that doesn't mean she has 3 foot inbounds does it? I guess that part of my question may be a stretch.

I also agree with what someone else said when there is a fumble. I see that all the time but typically the ref blows the whistle, stops play, gives the ball back and the throw in takes place. The ref was not paying attention and I felt missed at least one or two violations that should have been a turnover to us. I just wanted to make sure I was thinking correctly because both refs kept trying to convince me that there would have been no violation in the scenario I described to you. Would I have changed the call? No. But I would have at least gotten them to remember "Oh yeah, I need to pay attention on the inbounds plays".