The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Dec 05, 2006, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

a rough night

Had a rough game last night. Been fighting bad cold last few days, knew it would be tough personally. This is my first year, but was glad to know that my partner was a four year veteran.

I became concerned that experience may not be all that great when he started complaining before the game that he isn't working any varsity games yet.

During the game, there were several sloppy incidents, but I will name two:

1) holding on B2, away from the ball, my call. I report to the table, table advises A is in bonus. Partner has A lined up for throw in. I communicate we're in the bonus, shooting 1-and-1. He runs up to me, says this is team control foul, no shots. I say its not team control on a defensive foul, he persists, so I tell him to report that to the table. He is veteran, and the R, so what else can I do?

2) had trouble with 2 players going at it all night, pushing back and forth. called a push on B1, a ball on throw in. away from ball, these 2 guys pushing again. DOUBLE FOUL. I report, partner is signaling for alternate possession. I didn't realize mistake (should have been point of interruption) until it was too late.

The main reason I am posting, other than double checking my understanding of above, is what are thoughts/comments about the wisdom of discussing this with assigning secretary? I certainly don't want to sound like a complainer or a know-it-all, but I do want to work with guys that they have confidence in, and know that I can learn from.

Partner is a good guy, and I have no problems getting along with him or anyone else. But, based on how things went in this game, I don't feel like I can take any of the insight that was offered me.

Is that something I should say or should I keep my mouth shut?

Thanks!