The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=Corndog89]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea

and...

"Hqw about a POE the says that Joakim Noah isn't allowed on the floor next year?......oh, wait - an NBA team will draft him, pay him good money, and have him sit on the bench...that works for me."

JPea...you seem to have a real issue with Noah. Whassup?

So, for atonement, you must bring me........A SHRUBBERY!
I think he is a tremendously talented player; plays with hi-energy/emotion; and (from what others have publicly said) he has a great work ethic and a strong desire to improve. As a former D1 asst. coach, I LOVE those qualities about a kid...............

I just don't like the screaming that takes place after plays (in Noah's case - after routine plays). This has crept into the college/HS game from the NBA, street ball, and other outside influences (much like jersey popping, low-rider shorts, shirt tails out, etc.) Ultimately, it doesn't affect the outcome of the game - but it just looks really bad. I in my early 30's, so I'm not an "old school"-guy.....but we can take care of it very easily - AAAAAAAAHHHHH! = T
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 05:40pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
[QUOTE=Corndog89]
Quote:

and...

"Hqw about a POE the says that Joakim Noah isn't allowed on the floor next year?......oh, wait - an NBA team will draft him, pay him good money, and have him sit on the bench...that works for me."

JPea...you seem to have a real issue with Noah. Whassup?

So, for atonement, you must bring me........A SHRUBBERY!
Hope he knows Roger.
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=jeffpea]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog89

I think he is a tremendously talented player; plays with hi-energy/emotion; and (from what others have publicly said) he has a great work ethic and a strong desire to improve. As a former D1 asst. coach, I LOVE those qualities about a kid...............

I just don't like the screaming that takes place after plays (in Noah's case - after routine plays). This has crept into the college/HS game from the NBA, street ball, and other outside influences (much like jersey popping, low-rider shorts, shirt tails out, etc.) Ultimately, it doesn't affect the outcome of the game - but it just looks really bad. I in my early 30's, so I'm not an "old school"-guy.....but we can take care of it very easily - AAAAAAAAHHHHH! = T
That makes sense...I was just curious.

"Oh, what sad times are there when passing ruffians can say "Ni!" at will to old ladies! There is a pestilence in this land! Nothing is sacred! Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history!"

"Did you say shrubberies?"

"Yes. Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is 'Roger the Shrubber'. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies."
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
__________________________________________________ _
I also think they need to address players yelling at the shooter when going up for the shot after being beaten on a breakaway, etc. It's playground nonsense that needs to be stopped.
Couldn't agree with you more. This is my pet hate when refereeing. As my high school coach used to say - players that do this are too dumb/lazy/bad to be able to play real defense.

Thankfully this was put into the FIBA POE in 2004. It instructs referees to issue a warning if they determine that it had no effect on the shooter - subsequent occurances are to be called a tech foul.

Visit www.geocities.com/oz_referee
Old Fri Mar 31, 2006, 08:25am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
[QUOTE=Corndog89]
Quote:

That makes sense...I was just curious.

"Oh, what sad times are there when passing ruffians can say "Ni!" at will to old ladies! There is a pestilence in this land! Nothing is sacred! Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history!"

"Did you say shrubberies?"

"Yes. Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is 'Roger the Shrubber'. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies."
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictur...lyGrail140.jpg