The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Today I had a quadrouple header of rec-league stuff. When I walked in the gym for the first game, I see that one of the coaches was the first coach I ever tossed. He see's me and his face drops. You could tell even though it's a year later he remembers who I am. But this wasn't like the last time, he was extremely well behaved, and everything went well. Now I've had this guy a few times before I tossed him and he spent his whole game working the refs, so maybe his ejection forced a change of heart, or maybe he just knows I won't take his crap but either way it seems like the ejection did some good.
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

I have been entirely too lenient on coaches and have taken way to much bull. You did the right thing by tossing him. He probably still rides the refs, however, he knows he is not going to get away with it with you. I have changed my attitude as of late and will no longer accept what I have in the past. As a new varsity ref (2nd year varsity - 7 total), I was too worried about ratings. I've since learned that if he/she is riding you, the rating will more than likely be terrible anyway. I might as well get some satisfaction by giving the coach what he has earned!