LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 13, 2005, 02:35pm
M.A.S.H.

Re: Re: What Rich said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
If you had your jackets in the locker room, you would have never known what happen right after the game. There is nothing you can do about this.

Peace
Serious question: Does everyone actually use jackets for underclass games? I'm never there at the beginning and I've never really noticed whether the JV officials have them.
Depends, around here for JV games I like to wear them. I'll also wear my jacket if I'm doing like a conference tourney for Fresh/Soph or the Jr. High post season. Usually if you are working those around here your partners will have jackets as well and you'll wear them. However if they don't, then obviously we don't wear them out.
Old Sun Feb 13, 2005, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by djskinn
I treat all my games as if they are varsity games. I don't like taking any shortcuts and try and keep the same routine for all games.
You're a real one!
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: What Rich said.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

Serious question: Does everyone actually use jackets for underclass games? I'm never there at the beginning and I've never really noticed whether the JV officials have them.
I see them for many prelim games. I think they should be worn in those cases. I did wear mine when I worked a freshman game earlier this year. I think it is an individual crew thing or decision. It just depends on the setting you are in. But I would not have them at the table so a coach could rag on me.

Peace
We do the same in my association. We wear the jacket at all levels. The only time we don't is if you are working a freshman/jv game with a "noobie" that hasn't received their jacket - happens very rarely.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Rough situation. I would not have looked at the clock. I would have granted the timeout with the horn blowing at the same time. Sorry coach, game over. Also, in the situation described you have to be anticipating the request after the missed layup. He might have requested once before you saw his request.

I have been in a similar situation before but not at the end of the game. I was the L as the ball is coming up court with the defense pressing. I was on the opposite side of the court looking down the sideline. His player turned the ball over. Sorry coach.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djskinn
Last boys JV of the year. Down to the last possession. Team A has the ball with 7 seconds, down by 1. Team A turns ball over, I was the lead now new trail. Team B drives for a lay-up and misses. I am now at midcourt becoming new lead. As I turn I see Coach A indicating timeout, as I look at the clock, time has expired.

I was the R and he is starring at me with his hands above his head signaling a time out. My partner meets me at halfcout and he is still starring at me at which time I tell him, game over.

Unfortunately, our jackets were still at the table and I needed to retrieve them. As I make may over, Coach A makes a point of walking over to the scorebook and drawing a big black circle around my name.

Curious how any of you would handle this situation.

I would have made sure my name was spelled right. Wouldn't want my partner to get mixed up in his personal rivalry.

I have to get better at not leaving my jacket at the table. I haven't had a problem yet but I'm sure there is one waiting out there somewhere. We usually have been standing there at midcourt while the players shake hands, then as they are leaving we go to the table to retrieve our gear.