View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 12, 2005, 10:58pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by djskinn
Last boys JV of the year. Down to the last possession. Team A has the ball with 7 seconds, down by 1. Team A turns ball over, I was the lead now new trail. Team B drives for a lay-up and misses. I am now at midcourt becoming new lead. As I turn I see Coach A indicating timeout, as I look at the clock, time has expired.

I was the R and he is starring at me with his hands above his head signaling a time out. My partner meets me at halfcout and he is still starring at me at which time I tell him, game over.

Unfortunately, our jackets were still at the table and I needed to retrieve them. As I make may over, Coach A makes a point of walking over to the scorebook and drawing a big black circle around my name.

Curious how any of you would handle this situation.

My first question to you is: I would like to ask you why were your jackets still at the Scorer/Timer's Table. You should have taken your jackets with to the officials' dressing room at halftime. By you and your partner having to go back to the Table at the end of the game just puts you in harms way.

Having chastised you for your jacket snafu, lets address the coach's actions. I do not know in which what state you officiate, but as reprehensible as the coach's actions are, I do not think there is much you can do. You should not have been at the Table. Let's face it, there are far too many H.S. coaches who are the south end of a donkey walking to the north.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio