Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 02:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by thee xbear
and to let you know, yall is in the dictionary....

and for saying Bubba-Bod, get out, see the country, instead of staying in your little closed mind and staying home at night watching your favorite Burt Reynolds movie 'Deliverance'.
First, "yall" isn't in my dictionary. Neither is the plural, "all-yall". This is almost as bad as those guys who spell "color", "colour".

Second, it's "Bubba-bob", not "Bubba-Bod". You should at least know how to spell your own name. Oh wait - you're in Arkansas, the state with the lowest literacy rate in the nation. I understand the most popular bumper sticker down there starts, "My son is a D student at....."

Third, I don't have a favorite Burt Reynolds movie, although I do admit "The Longest Yard" was pretty funny.
Well, I was told to leave this alone, and did, but since your buddy not going to tell you to LEAVE IT ALONE, then I shall go on..

Is that all you can come up with.....thats weak!!

You need to graduate to a dictionary that doesnt have pictures and more than 20 pages. Because Websters dictionary has "yall" as a word.

next, now you take a type-o and say I cant spell, thats genius. I have a college degree, do you?

and to your first post, if you cant take a little lip from a coach with out giving him a "T" then you need to find something else to do. You think you are supeior out there but your not, your out there to call the game, so do it. Dont think you are some kind of king out there. Ive seen your kind before, and this is the only power you have in your life and you go overboard with it...CALL THE GAME!!
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 02:39am
Official Forum Member

First of all, xbear, you're a jackass - go away.

But I would still like some thoughts on whether Mark could have passed on this T...
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 02:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy

But I would still like some thoughts on whether Mark could have passed on this T...
**** you buddy.....

I have started reading some of the things that you refs are saying, and with yalls attitude, yall need to find a new job.......seriously
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 03:54am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:

**** you buddy.....

I have started reading some of the things that you refs are saying, and with yalls attitude, yall need to find a new job.......seriously
Why would you lump all officials together like that? That's not fair.

Personally, I would never dream of saying that all coaches are jackasses like you. That's not being fair at all to the vast majority of good coaches who really aren't a jackass like you.

Respectfully submitted.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 04:11am
Official Forum Member

I'm off the forum for three days and when I come back I see this xbear guy running his yap. Who is this clown?

We haven't even started the NCAA tourney yet. Go hibernate!
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 04:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Quote:

**** you buddy.....

Personally, I would never dream of saying that all coaches are jackasses like you. That's not being fair at all to the vast majority of good coaches who really aren't a jackass like you.

Respectfully submitted.
well, if it looks like an *** and smells like an ***, it must be an ***.... touche

I came over here to ask a simple question, and it was answered, and I think the people. Then you have one SOB that wants to say something about me useing yall.....

Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 07:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]
**** you buddy.....

[/B][/QUOTE]

well, if it looks like an *** and smells like an ***, it must be an ***.... touche

I came over here to ask a simple question, and it was answered, and I think the people. Then you have one SOB that wants to say something about me useing yall.....

[/B][/QUOTE]Well, to start off, you ran into a long-time and respected forum member that made a post with a very prominent smilie on it. That's what known to most of us as something that we, in the officiating trade, call a joke. Unfortunately, your response was to very seriously call him an a$$hole. Then things further deteriorated until we got your comment above. If you are that thin-skinned and defensive, then I don't think that this forum is really the place for you. May I suggest that you find a nice little coaches forum someplace where busting on the officials is not only acceptable but de rigeur. You would probably be much more comfortable there. Iow, piss off.

Respectfully submitted, as always.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I came over here to ask a simple question, [/B]
I'm sorry, but as i read this post i couldn't help but ask and what was the question?

I might have missed it, but all I read in this post was critique.

As far as the T, I'm sure there was some background that preceeded the event, or else it might have been a little premature.

Thanks
David

Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**** you buddy.....

Respectfully submitted.

He was clowning about the whole "yall", thats Mark. Geesh.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 11:06am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Well, I was told to leave this alone, and did, but since your buddy not going to tell you to LEAVE IT ALONE, then I shall go on..

"Your buddy not going to..." - a vowel is missing

Quote:

"thats" is missing an apostrophe

Quote:
You need to graduate to a dictionary that doesnt have pictures and more than 20 pages.

"doesnt" is missing an apostrophe

[/i]
Quote:
next, now you take a type-o and say I cant spell, thats genius. I have a college degree, do you?
[/i]
"type-o" is misspelled - it's "typo" / "cant" and "thats" are missing apostrophes / apparently your college degree is from "Cousinmarriage State" and is a BCT (Bachelor of Chewing Tobacco) / FYI, I have a Masters degree in Political Science from a Big 10 University.

Quote:
and to your first post, if you cant take a little lip from a coach with out giving him a "T" then you need to find something else to do. You think you are supeior out there but your not, your out there to call the game, so do it. Dont think you are some kind of king out there. Ive seen your kind before, and this is the only power you have in your life and you go overboard with it...CALL THE GAME!!

"cant", "Dont" and "Ive" are missing apostrophes / "without" (with out), "superior" (supeior) and "you're" (your) twice! are misspelled.

Welcome to the board. BTW - is it true they don't use DNA testing in your state because everyone's is the same?
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 11:08am
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Quote:

This is almost as bad as those guys who spell "color", "colour".

Hey Mark, What have us Canadians ever done to you???
I meant the Frenchies. You guys are OK in my book.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 12:13pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and to let you know, yall is in the dictionary....

and for saying Bubba-Bod, get out, see the country, instead of staying in your little closed mind and staying home at night watching your favorite Burt Reynolds movie 'Deliverance'.
First, "yall" isn't in my dictionary. Neither is the plural, "all-yall". This is almost as bad as those guys who spell "color", "colour".

Second, it's "Bubba-bob", not "Bubba-Bod". You should at least know how to spell your own name. Oh wait - you're in Arkansas, the state with the lowest literacy rate in the nation. I understand the most popular bumper sticker down there starts, "My son is a D student at....."

Third, I don't have a favorite Burt Reynolds movie, although I do admit "The Longest Yard" was pretty funny.

You need to graduate to a dictionary that doesnt have pictures and more than 20 pages. Because Websters dictionary has "yall" as a word.

I guess your college didn't have grammar as part of freshman English -- either that or your keyboard came without an apostrophe.

Sounds to me like someone needs a big glass of STFU. Anyone have one available?
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 12:17pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**** you buddy.....

Respectfully submitted.

Someone who's been here for 5+ years, unlike you. While I'm as welcoming to new people as anyone (I think I'm on the committee) if you're going to come on here and within 5 posts prove that (1) you can't take a joke and (2) you want to rip a regular in a fairly incoherent way you're going to get it right back.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 12:21pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
FYI, I have a Masters degree in Political Science from a Big 10 University.

[/B]
Which one? I live near a Big 10 University

And I learned how to use apostrophes when I was in elementary school -- I didn't need a fancy-pants degree to learn how to write. I have one, but it seems a bit overkill now that the only mathematics I use is when I figure out if a school rips me off on my mileage check.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 01:06pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
FYI, I have a Masters degree in Political Science from a Big 10 University.
Which one? I live near a Big 10 University

[/B]
See if you can figure it out from this clue: it has the #1 ranked basketball team in the country.

As to why I didn't pass on the T - here's why. This rec league has a zero tolerance policy in grades three through eight on unsportsmanlike comments to officials from coaches, players and fans. All profanity is an automatic flagrant technical - if from a coach, it usually also includes a suspension.

I had already passed on the head coach saying "Blow the damn whistle" because he said it under his breath and no one other than him and me heard it. But when the a$$. coach yelled his crap out loudly at me directly in front of his team, I really had no choice under those rules.

[Edited by Mark Padgett on Feb 6th, 2005 at 01:10 PM]