The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 09:55pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

This morning I whacked an a$$. (yes, that's how I abbreviate assistant) coach. My partner passed on a travel call against the other team with 1 second to go in the 3rd quarter and a 40 point differential. At the horn, this jerk comes up to me and says we "might as well swallow our whistles". WHACK!

I go over to the table to report it. My partner is standing there. I report the T. The scorekeeper didn't see what happened and innocently asks why I called the T.

My partner jumps in and says the coach violated the "Mark Padgett rule". The scorekeeper asks what that is. He says "You never raise your voice or talk back to Mark Padgett. It's an automatic T. It's in the rules". The scorekeeper says he didn't know that. My partner says "It's rule 11". The scorekeeper says "Oh, OK".

As we walked away, I asked my partner where he came up with that. He said that after working with me for years and watching me in action, he just assumed it was a rule because that's what always happens.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
This morning I whacked an a$$. (yes, that's how I abbreviate assistant) coach. My partner passed on a travel call against the other team with 1 second to go in the 3rd quarter and a 40 point differential. At the horn, this jerk comes up to me and says we "might as well swallow our whistles". WHACK!

I go over to the table to report it. My partner is standing there. I report the T. The scorekeeper didn't see what happened and innocently asks why I called the T.

My partner jumps in and says the coach violated the "Mark Padgett rule". The scorekeeper asks what that is. He says "You never raise your voice or talk back to Mark Padgett. It's an automatic T. It's in the rules". The scorekeeper says he didn't know that. My partner says "It's rule 11". The scorekeeper says "Oh, OK".

As we walked away, I asked my partner where he came up with that. He said that after working with me for years and watching me in action, he just assumed it was a rule because that's what always happens.
Yall are the type of @$$holes that I hope I never get...

Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Blood in the water folks............
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by thee xbear

I am required by law to inform you that you are dealing with a professional in the lethal art of sarcasm. This is your only warning, Bubba-bob.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
[/B][/QUOTE]

[/B][/QUOTE]

Gee Wiz, no since of humor. Also it is a rec league so you can do things like that.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brandan89
[/B][/QUOTE]

Gee Wiz, no since of humor. Also it is a rec league so you can do things like that. [/B][/QUOTE]

it began on another thread.....

Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

Gee Wiz, no since of humor. Also it is a rec league so you can do things like that. [/B][/QUOTE]

it began on another thread.....

[/B][/QUOTE]

Let it go, gosh. Cant we just all get along?
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

I am required by law to inform you that you are dealing with a professional in the lethal art of sarcasm. This is your only warning, Bubba-bob.
OOOOOO, you scare me.....

and to let you know, yall is in the dictionary....

and for saying Bubba-Bod, get out, see the country, instead of staying in your little closed mind and staying home at night watching your favorite Burt Reynolds movie 'Deliverance'. We do have real cities down here in the South in case you didnt know that....
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and for saying Bubba-Bod, get out, see the country, instead of staying in your little closed mind and staying home at night watching your favorite Burt Reynolds movie 'Deliverance'. We do have real cities down here in the South in case you didnt know that....
This is a site designed to help fellow officals out and to talk about the game of BASKETBALL. Not to sit there and dwell on how someone hurt your feelings. Please, JUST LET IT GO.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is a site designed to help fellow officals out and to talk about the game of BASKETBALL. Not to sit there and dwell on how someone hurt your feelings. Please, JUST LET IT GO.
by all means, Im for that, but why didnt you say that in the other thread to him. And really look at this topic, this topic is really going to help out refs. Thats why I moved it over here instead of the other one....

Now, you may go and say the same thing over on the other thread that you just said to me....or JUST LET IT GO...

and another thing, I stated my opinon on the topic, and everyone else got off topic.....so dont point the finger at me.....
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

I wasent pointing my finger at anyone, I was asking just to let it go.
Old Sat Feb 05, 2005, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

Then pray to God you never see me in a gym
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 12:13am
Official Forum Member

Hmmm,

I wonder if you could have passed on that T....
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 12:39am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:

and for saying Bubba-Bod, get out, see the country, instead of staying in your little closed mind and staying home at night watching your favorite Burt Reynolds movie 'Deliverance'.
First, "yall" isn't in my dictionary. Neither is the plural, "all-yall". This is almost as bad as those guys who spell "color", "colour".

Second, it's "Bubba-bob", not "Bubba-Bod". You should at least know how to spell your own name. Oh wait - you're in Arkansas, the state with the lowest literacy rate in the nation. I understand the most popular bumper sticker down there starts, "My son is a D student at....."

Third, I don't have a favorite Burt Reynolds movie, although I do admit "The Longest Yard" was pretty funny.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2005, 01:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

This is almost as bad as those guys who spell "color", "colour".

Hey Mark, What have us Canadians ever done to you???