The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 06:36am
Official Forum Member

Actually, they didn't use the shot clock for prelims, so they modified the NCAA rules to put 10 sec backcourt back in for prelims. In the medal round this weekend, it is supposed to be straight NCAA rules.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 07:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Actually, they didn't use the shot clock for prelims, so they modified the NCAA rules to put 10 sec backcourt back in for prelims. In the medal round this weekend, it is supposed to be straight NCAA rules.
Do you know where you will be this weekend? I can't work on Sat. - out of town.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dblref
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach

The rules we had at Westfield did not mention a shot clock (and we did not have one), but did talk about the 5 sec closely guarded count. We used a regular 10 sec backcourt count and 5 sec closely guarded in the backcourt if they were holding the ball. Wonder if there were different rules at different locations?
Same rules for me at Luther Jackson and I understand the were the same at Lake Braddock.

I did have 2 lane violation calls as the girl moved into the lane before the ball left the hand. I can see Hawks Coaches point about using NCAA rules but it can be confusing.

Coach, do the Maryland public school leagues use a shot clock during the regular season for girlsÂ’ games?
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

As for shot clock - yes, public schools use it. WCAC does not, don't think the PVAC or ISL use it either.

This weekend, I think we will get into Mt Vernon (we entered late - had other plans ). Our original plan was to be in the medal round, but sometimes things don't work out that way.