The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 01, 2004, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
mick beat me to it. Maybe I'll wear my Sox hat to the Stadium on September 18, after all!

On second thought, no I won't.
Old Wed Sep 01, 2004, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
The Red Sox also cut New York's lead in the AL East to 3 1/2 games with the Yankees losing 22-0 to Cleveland. Boston has trimmed seven games from its deficit since Aug. 15.

Fun!

mick
According to this morning's NY Post almost all the Yankees are republican delegates and did not want to miss the Bush twins speech last night. They brought up the short season A league Staten Island Yankees to fill in.

All will be back to normal tonight.
Old Wed Sep 01, 2004, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
All will be back to normal tonight.
So then you're planning to throw 4 more T's tonight?
Old Fri Sep 03, 2004, 09:27pm
In Memoriam

Smile Gittin' good!

Boston TEX 0 BOS 2 - Final

Yankees BAL 3 NYY 1 - Final

Fun !

Old Sat Sep 04, 2004, 06:36am
Official Forum Member

It's gonna be fun to sit in Yankee Stadium and watch my first place Sox beat the Yanks in two weeks.

How are the papers handling the skid, Dan?
Old Sat Sep 04, 2004, 06:57am
Official Forum Member

Oh yeah, forgot to ask: How's Kevin Brown feeling this morning? What a dope.
Old Sat Sep 04, 2004, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

Stat of the day: Yankee starters have recorded wins in only 3 of the last 19 games. Ouch. Course they haven't gotten much support from the offense the last few nights.
Old Sat Sep 04, 2004, 07:06am
In Memoriam

Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie- never forget the immortal words of Shakespeare-- "He who laughs last is a Yankees fan"
Old Sat Sep 04, 2004, 07:40am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

He, who laughs, ...lasts.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2004, 10:09pm
In Memoriam

So many times, desperate teams start asking officials to rules against their opponents on weak technicalities hoping to sneak a win.
mick

Commish to teams: Play on
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees asked the commissioner's office to award them a forfeit over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after they failed to arrive in time Monday because of travel problems due to Hurricane Frances. It was a request that had no chance of being granted.

Old Tue Sep 07, 2004, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Can you imagine the gall of a team not traveling through a hurricane to meet the Yankees?!?! The game should be forfeited, the team owner should be fined a bajillion dollars and then the team should be contracted!! The sheer audacity!!

The request for a forfeit is only slightly less stupid than Stenbrenner's comments comparing the Yankees' locker room after the 22-0 loss to the feeling of New Yorkers after 9/11. What an idiot.

On the bright side, you see my man Manny flashin' the leather last night?!? Woo-hoo!! hee hee hee hee!
Old Tue Sep 07, 2004, 11:22am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Can you imagine the gall of a team not traveling through a hurricane to meet the Yankees?!?! The game should be forfeited, the team owner should be fined a bajillion dollars and then the team should be contracted!! The sheer audacity!!

The request for a forfeit is only slightly less stupid than Stenbrenner's comments comparing the Yankees' locker room after the 22-0 loss to the feeling of New Yorkers after 9/11. What an idiot.

On the bright side, you see my man Manny flashin' the leather last night?!? Woo-hoo!! hee hee hee hee!
Chuck, I'd bet Lark's left nut that Tampa Bay will still end up getting fined by the MLB Interim-Commissioner-For Life for that fiasco.

And as for Dr. Strangeglove, anytime that Manny actually makes a catch- any catch- they feature it on SportsCenter. He doesn't have a Gold Glove. It's actually steel. He has learned to play the Monster though, and the dude can flat out hit. Not like that roid-wasted DH on DL that we're paying about $17 mil a year to hit .230.
Old Wed Sep 08, 2004, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
So many times, desperate teams start asking officials to rules against their opponents on weak technicalities hoping to sneak a win.
mick

Commish to teams: Play on
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees asked the commissioner's office to award them a forfeit over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after they failed to arrive in time Monday because of travel problems due to Hurricane Frances. It was a request that had no chance of being granted.

Being a die-hard Yankee fan, I was disgusted at the way they tried to do this. I know that's what the rules state, but you don't have a hurricane coming through every day -- well I guess Florida seems to. I would have been with my family and to hell with the game!
Old Wed Sep 08, 2004, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Chuck, I'd bet Lark's left nut that Tampa Bay will still end up getting fined by the MLB Interim-Commissioner-For Life for that fiasco.

Looks like you're right...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/30099.htm

(btw, looks like TB & MLB were both saying all weekend they would make Monday's first game on time...)
Old Wed Sep 08, 2004, 02:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Looks like you're right...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/30099.htm

(btw, looks like TB & MLB were both saying all weekend they would make Monday's first game on time...)
Interesting, Dan.
The monetary damages make a lot more sense to me, than asking for a forfeit.
I wonder if they get the forfeit, could Tampa Bay get out of paying the tab?

mick