Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Anybody watching the Sox/Giants game in San Fran? What a bizarre 5th inning. Giants drop two routine flies, giving the Sox the lead, then Manny makes a pretty nice little running catch in foul territory while trying not to trip over the bullpen mound. Funky game.

No.

Ya see, even though the Sox website said the game would be on FOX, I didn't realize that the Dodgers game would also be on FOX.

At the same time.

Needless to say, they carried the Dodgers game in Washington.
Hey, the BoSox did well today. They got a hit.
Giambi just got a hit.
Old Tue Jun 22, 2004, 05:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Anybody watching the Sox/Giants game in San Fran? What a bizarre 5th inning. Giants drop two routine flies, giving the Sox the lead, then Manny makes a pretty nice little running catch in foul territory while trying not to trip over the bullpen mound. Funky game.

No.

Ya see, even though the Sox website said the game would be on FOX, I didn't realize that the Dodgers game would also be on FOX.

At the same time.

I don't see any problem with this.
Old Sat Jun 26, 2004, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref

[/B][/QUOTE]

Grrrr.

Chuck, I don't suppose you've heard any plans for NESN to expand its broadcast area down toward D.C.???
Old Sat Jun 26, 2004, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref

Grrrr.

Chuck, I don't suppose you've heard any plans for NESN to expand its broadcast area down toward D.C.??? [/B][/QUOTE]

They won't broadcast the Bosux games down here because we already have one bad team -- they're called the Orioles.
Old Sun Jun 27, 2004, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Chuck, I don't suppose you've heard any plans for NESN to expand its broadcast area down toward D.C.???
No, Mark, I haven't. I think that depends more on whether or not cable providers down there decide to carry it. I'm sure NESN would be more than happy to sell their signal to D.C. providers. Call your local cable provider today! Or get a dish and the national baseball package.
Old Wed Jun 30, 2004, 08:15am
Official Forum Member

The only thing worse than the drubbing the Sox took last night in the Bronx was having to see the look of joy on Dan's face as he told me the score in person!!!
Old Wed Jun 30, 2004, 08:18am
In Memoriam

Quote:
The only thing worse than the drubbing the Sox took last night in the Bronx was having to see the look of joy on Dan's face as he told me the score in person!!!
But it should be noted, Nomar did keep the ball in front of him.
mick

I'm sure yer havin' some fun.
Old Wed Jun 30, 2004, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That wasn't a look of joy, I had gas.

The joy came later when I got to see the game recap on ESPN.

BTW, I heard that since the stadium was rebuilt 30 someodd years ago a ball has been hit into "the black" something like 23 times, by 18 players. Clark is 1 of 3 that have done it more than once, the first to have done it as home & visitor.

I saw Reggie Jackson hit one there on a line drive.

Old Wed Jun 30, 2004, 12:34pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
What's the over/under in Bah-ston today on Terry Francona's trip to Gradylittleville? Have the local residents started throwing tea in the harbor yet?
Old Thu Jul 01, 2004, 02:47am
In Memoriam

Did Billy Buckner come out of retirement again?
Old Fri Jul 02, 2004, 05:57am
In Memoriam

Gloat.
Old Fri Jul 02, 2004, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Oh the humanity!

The only solace is that Dan and I had left TGIFriday's before the winning run came in, and I didn't have to listen to the whole freakin' place cheer.
Old Fri Jul 02, 2004, 07:48am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Oh the humanity!

The only solace is that Dan and I had left TGIFriday's before the winning run came in, and I didn't have to listen to the whole freakin' place cheer.
You guys left before the game ended? Don't tell me that Dan thought it was over too when the Sox had the one run lead, two out and two strikes on Miguel F. Cairo. Thought he knew better than that.

Btw, the magic number is now 78.

Camp over now? Did you make Chester (that's Chester from Gunsmoke, not Chester the Molestor) buy last night for having you carry him the last coupla days?
Old Fri Jul 02, 2004, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You guys left before the game ended? Don't tell me that Dan thought it was over too when the Sox had the one run lead, two out and two strikes on Miguel F. Cairo.

Naw, I had a 2.5 hour drive home, so we left after the 11th.

Quote:
Camp over now? Did you make Chester buy last night for having you carry him the last coupla days?
Nope and nope. Headed back for one more session tonight. I haven't even had the chance to work with Chester, er, Dan all week!
Old Fri Jul 02, 2004, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
You guys left before the game ended? Don't tell me that Dan thought it was over too when the Sox had the one run lead, two out and two strikes on Miguel F. Cairo.

Naw, I had a 2.5 hour drive home, so we left after the 11th.

Quote:
Camp over now? Did you make Chester buy last night for having you carry him the last coupla days?
Nope and nope. Headed back for one more session tonight. I haven't even had the chance to work with Chester, er, Dan all week!
I figured you made it home all right since there were no stories in the papers about fishing dead Red Sox fans out of the Hudson this morning. I just wish we would have stuck around to see Jeter kiss the first row seats.