Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 14, 2019, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
I see what you are saying however...

Coaches are listed in the book, at least in my area. never seen a book without one listed. As far as a manager, I am not worries as they will not be entering the game. Nor will a scorekeeper. My point was regarding a standard player, with which we are all familiar. They are dressed like their teammates, warmed up with them, and even played in several previous games...you know, a standard player. If that player got a T, then it must be recorded some place. If they got another T, they would be ejected an unable to play the next game (at least in our area). So it would not be like removing any other person. This is a very specific team member, for which the coach simply forgot to add their name/number to the book.

The footnote idea would work but it seems too generic and unofficial. It just seems odd to footnote a player's number that was never even listed. What if the coach refuses to give his name? Now the recorded number is irrelevant as the coach could just give him a different jersey number the next game. My point is that this situation should be addressed more formally.

Not arguing, just saying that there should be a better, as written by rule, way to handle it.
The only other way I can think of to handle this is to list him in the book at that time, charge him with the direct T, but not slash the quarter played box. At that time I would alert the coach that if that player enters the game at any point (and after costing him the coach's box, I think the chances of that occuring have declined) then an administrative tech will be assessed. However its handled though, I think that if that player enters the game, then a total of 2 technical fouls should be assessed.