The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 03:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Triumph The Insult Comic Dog ...

Here in my little corner of Connecticut, we thrive on yanking each other's chains. If one isn't getting their chain yanked, one should wonder what they're doing wrong.

When I work with a partner that I haven't worked with in a long time, he says, "It's been awhile.", I reply, "Yeah. I told (our assigner) that I didn't want to work with you any more".

I would never say that to a partner who I really didn't want to work with.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Maybe in your next lifetime.

I know refs with NBA potential. You do not begin to measure up.

I hope you are Buddhist
Actually, I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. So I won't have this next life you speak of, just an opportunity to possibly referee basketball in Heaven after I die, if that is what the Lord wills.

I guess btaylor is in the NBA now
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 04:50pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Actually, I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. So I won't have this next life you speak of, just an opportunity to possibly referee basketball in Heaven after I die, if that is what the Lord wills.

I guess btaylor is in the NBA now
Yes, that would be Ben Taylor, who has a reputation as one of he top rules knowledge officials in the NBA.
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 07:42pm
Official Forum Member

Perhaps ilyazhito and btaylor64 will have games together sometime in the next decade. It looks like there is a lot in common between me and him: both of us are rules aficionados .

LeBron SchmeBron, you hang I bang. The rules are not written differently for the stars than they are for the role players, so it makes no sense to give "star calls".
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

"SchmeBron, you hang I bang. The rules are not written differently for the stars than they are for the role players, so it makes no sense to give 'star calls.'"

You might have to rethink this when you get to the big show.

Last edited by LRZ; Sat Nov 17, 2018 at 06:27pm.
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 11:41pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Perhaps ilyazhito and btaylor64 will have games together sometime in the next decade. It looks like there is a lot in common between me and him: both of us are rules aficionados .

LeBron SchmeBron, you hang I bang. The rules are not written differently for the stars than they are for the role players, so it makes no sense to give "star calls".
So you are totaling ignoring the L2M report posted at the beginning of the thread?
Old Fri Nov 16, 2018, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Comments like these are the ones that are causing forum members to be rubbed the wrong way by you.

It is fine to have goals and aspirations; it is another thing to be showy and overconfident. Intentional or not, that is how you come off often on this forum.
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
So you are totaling ignoring the L2M report posted at the beginning of the thread?
It has already been posted that the L2Ms can be contradictory/inconsistent. And there are L2Ms that suggest a T should have been called and was not.
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 01:59pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
It has already been posted that the L2Ms can be contradictory/inconsistent. And there are L2Ms that suggest a T should have been called and was not.
L2M's always explain the rationale behind the decision and there is only one L2M report for that play, so I don't know what you're basing your comment on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
L2M's always explain the rationale behind the decision and there is only one L2M report for that play, so I don't know what you're basing your comment on.

Sorry, I can't force you to read/understand. The inconsistencies in L2Ms have already been demonstrated/shown. Given that, your question about ignoring them would be illogical.

Now, respond to this with some weird comment so you can have the last word and the topic can resolve itself from its momentum.

(the last 5 words are for you Seinfeld fans)
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

SCOfficial, I know that there is a color for sarcasm, but is there a color for humor? I was obviously joking, but maybe I missed putting another smiley after the first sentence .

I still stand by my original opinion that LeBron James should receive a technical foul. If I was working a game with him, I could tell him to get off the rim, but if he doesn't listen, he's earned his technical foul, whether for hanging on the rim, or for refusing to comply with the reasonable request of a game official. The same could apply to any high school all-star that might happen to be playing in any of my games, or to a regular player on either team.
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Raymond, if the L2Ms are inconsistent, I won't rely on them. What I can rely on is what is written in the rulebook and casebook, and either of those would say that hanging on the rim is illegal, if not a part of a basketball play or done to avoid an injury. Hanging on the rim for 9 seconds after a dunk is clearly excessive, as there is ample time for players to clear the area under the basket, and there is no further basketball play that a player can accomplish by hanging on the rim once a dunk attempt is complete. The consequence for violating the rule against hanging on the rim is a technical foul charged to the offender, so case closed.
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 06:50pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Sorry, I can't force you to read/understand. The inconsistencies in L2Ms have already been demonstrated/shown. Given that, your question about ignoring them would be illogical.

Now, respond to this with some weird comment so you can have the last word and the topic can resolve itself from its momentum.

(the last 5 words are for you Seinfeld fans)
Feel free to show me the conflicting L2M reports that address this play. It would be pretty stupid for the NBA to publish multiple L2M reports for the same game.

Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 06:51pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Raymond, if the L2Ms are inconsistent, I won't rely on them. What I can rely on is what is written in the rulebook and casebook, and either of those would say that hanging on the rim is illegal, if not a part of a basketball play or done to avoid an injury. Hanging on the rim for 9 seconds after a dunk is clearly excessive, as there is ample time for players to clear the area under the basket, and there is no further basketball play that a player can accomplish by hanging on the rim once a dunk attempt is complete. The consequence for violating the rule against hanging on the rim is a technical foul charged to the offender, so case closed.
Someone posted THE L2M entry for this play, did you read it?

http://official.nba.com/2018-19-nba-...inute-reports/

CNC = Correct No Call

Waiting for someone to post these other mystery L2M reports for the Lakers/Hawks game.

Last edited by Raymond; Sat Nov 17, 2018 at 06:57pm.
Old Sat Nov 17, 2018, 07:00pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Deemed contradictory by whom, persistent NBA haters who don't take the time to research the applicable rules?