The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 05, 2018, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There are a ton of times a year if we wanted to we could call a multiple foul. Just like we have decided that a double foul is appropriate for situations, we have decided that multiple fouls are "never" appropriate unless we want to just confuse the hell out of everyone and be a jerk and give a foul to multiple individuals for one play. Competent officials never suggest we are not using our integrity if we choose not to call a multiple foul (unless you are on this board of course). Double fouls are often called because two players are kind of being jerks, but we often call them when they do not fit the definition as one action clearly happened first, but we suggest it is a great "game management" tool.

Peace
I think "approximately" gives us the latitude to call a double even when one clearly happens first.

Multiple remains, and should remain, for the event where more than one player commits a flagrant foul at approximately the same time....don't let one off just because the other occurred.
Old Thu Jul 05, 2018, 12:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I think "approximately" gives us the latitude to call a double even when one clearly happens first.
I agree but we will have one player do something and clearly a delay and then the second player does something and there was a gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Multiple remains, and should remain, for the event where more than one player commits a flagrant foul at approximately the same time....don't let one off just because the other occurred.
I get why it remains, but I have yet to see an appropriate time to call this. That does not mean that I will not see a time, I just do not think that time is coming anytime soon.

Peace