The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 05:01pm
Aztec-Irishman

Where do you put the ball in play?

Player A1 is in-bounding the ball at the end line for a throw in. A1 passes the ball directly to A2, who has one foot out of bounds on the side line.

Where do you put the ball in play (A1 or A2 location) and why?
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutierrez7 View Post
Player A1 is in-bounding the ball at the end line for a throw in. A1 passes the ball directly to A2, who has one foot out of bounds on the side line.

Where do you put the ball in play (A1 or A2 location) and why?
A2 location. A1 did not commit a throw-in violation. A2 committed an OOB violation.
Old Thu Jan 26, 2017, 05:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Water Color Memories ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutierrez7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
A2 location. A1 did not commit a throw-in violation. A2 committed an OOB violation.
Many years ago (probably over thirty years ago), this would have been a throwin violation by A1 if the ball first touched A2, or B2, while either was out of bounds, and the ball would go back to Team B at the original throwin spot.

The fact that this interpretation still has life baffles me. I figured that most of those that remembered the old rule were dead by now.

Am I right Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)