The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 10:13am
High Five Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
The only time I ever reference the shot clock is after an out-of-bounds violation or something that interrupts play without a reset. We remind me each other that there is only so much time left on the shot clock.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This was during live ball and animated. Like: point, drop arm, point, drop arm, point, etc. didn't look like crew communication at all. Not a big deal but it drew my attention for sure
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 10:27am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
This was during live ball and animated. Like: point, drop arm, point, drop arm, point, etc. didn't look like crew communication at all. Not a big deal but it drew my attention for sure
If you have an approximate timestamp from the game I can look it up and see what I can discern.

Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 11:15am
High Five Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
If you have an approximate timestamp from the game I can look it up and see what I can discern.

I don't have it. Was chasing little ones while watching. No worries.
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Heck, from his point of view this was likely very easy to see. It is not that hard to see. The angle we had was not great. And the shooter falls on his behind.

Also another key, the player did not complain at all. He knew he hit him on some level and that is why he fell to the floor.

Peace
This. And This. Excellent points, Rut.

C had a GREAT angle to see the shooter's foot unnaturally bounce back from whence it came.

And if the defender doesn't complain ...
Old Thu Dec 22, 2016, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Given what we already knew and what was further revealed about Allen's propensity to have his feet find other player's legs, does this change anyone's opinion on of the call?
Old Thu Dec 22, 2016, 11:28am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
Given what we already knew and what was further revealed about Allen's propensity to have his feet find other player's legs, does this change anyone's opinion on of the call?
No. Why would it? I never even considered this call outside of the action of the play. I could not care less who the player was involved.

Peace
Old Thu Dec 22, 2016, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Easy foul on the defense. Slot/center official had a good look at the play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Interesting play. Allen has him beat completely. I cant tell if blue hits allens left leg or allen curls his left leg back and in to hit blue. Left leg usually doesnt curl back in like that. Usually just stays in same place.
This is a normal basketball play by the offensive player plain and simple. To no call (or even call an offensive foul when the situation warrants it) you're gonna want something that's way more overt.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Dec 22, 2016, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Easy foul on the defense. Slot/center official had a good look at the play.

This is a normal basketball play by the offensive player plain and simple. To no call (or even call an offensive foul when the situation warrants it) you're gonna want something that's way more overt.
When i first looked at it here i thought maybe Allen curled his foot back a bit into defender to draw contact. And i thought that because of who he is...

Curling the foot you jump off of behind you isnt normal. That leg foot usually stays in same spot. I looked at it again and he didnt move the foot in that much. I would have had a foul live and i have a foul still now but the thought entered my mind that there was a little more to it than a defender hitting him.
Old Thu Dec 22, 2016, 02:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
When i first looked at it here i thought maybe Allen curled his foot back a bit into defender to draw contact. And i thought that because of who he is....
I think that a player in that position is not usually going to kick out their leg as they are a little more vulnerable than they would be in other situations. But I do get your point on some level.

Quote:
Curling the foot you jump off of behind you isnt normal. That leg foot usually stays in same spot. I looked at it again and he didnt move the foot in that much. I would have had a foul live and i have a foul still now but the thought entered my mind that there was a little more to it than a defender hitting him.
Also the defender was not in a legal position either. So any contact he would be mostly responsible for if it took place.

Peace
Old Thu Dec 22, 2016, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think that a player in that position is not usually going to kick out their leg as they are a little more vulnerable than they would be in other situations. But I do get your point on some level.

Also the defender was not in a legal position either. So any contact he would be mostly responsible for if it took place.

Peace
I agree and certainly wouldnt try to curl my foot behind me in air. Causes all kinds of balance issues etc. He didnt do it as much as i originally thought.
And yes, i have a foul regardless. Defender didnt need to put himself in that position.