Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 01:07pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I'm not telling the coach anything, regardless of how I handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
I didn't know my post was going to cause all of this. I wasn't saying I explain every call to a coach, and on this topic what I was really meaning to say was if the coach asked me about it, then I would talk to him/her. I'm not explaining to just be doing it.
Actually, on this subject it would irritate me if a coach asked about it. They are teaching their players to do this, so I don't want them playing dumb when I blow my whistle.
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Quoting someone does not mean the comments or responses are just about you. Your comments were about the topic. Again, you really need to not be so sensitive. And did I misquote you? These were your words. If you did not want anyone to say anything about them, then why did you say them?

Peace
Let's see OKREF says he would talk to coaches after the violation. Bryan says he would not. You quote Bryan and use the word YOU: these are YOUR words

"Why do YOU need to tell the coach anything? Do YOU tell them something everything you call a violation they do not like?

Peace"

Sounds to me and likely many others that you are asking and implying that Bryan talks to the coaches. Bryan points out that he doesn't do that. You call him sensitive. if your reply was to OKREF there'd be no issue.

Bryan has tried to let it go a few times. You keep replying… and digging your hole deeper.
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 01:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
I've been going to message boards for as long as the internet was a thing. You only quote somebody if you are referring to them. Otherwise, find the person you want to refer to and quote them, or there's a button for a general reply below.

I'm not sensitive, I'm confused as to why you replied to me when you were apparently talking about someone else.

Misquote? No. I didn't say I was talking to coaches. I said what I WOULDN'T say to a coach and it was twisted.

With that said, I appreciate your advice on this board. Thank you.
And I quote a lot of people in the context in the bigger conversation too. I do not always quote people just to challenge or highlight their statements alone. Now if you only quote people to only speak to them, I guess. I do not always do that neither does everyone else. I have been quoted many times to highlight other people's comments, my comments just happened to be the last one about the topic they read.

I really do not see why your panties are in a bunch about this. You said that is not what you meant or your position. I am not disputing what you said or even disputing your position. I take you at your word. I am not arguing that you said something and I "gotcha" with the quote. You do not even have to prove your position to me either. My advice or comments are not that deep. I was giving an opinion on a position previously stated, your comments happened to be about those comments and stated my position. It is not like your reputation is going to be ruined because I commented or took a position with you being quoted. The only way I can see your response to all of this is being sensitive. Sorry, but that is my take because I have said this many times before that this incessant need to talk to coaches about calls and I am suggesting this is over the top from my point of view. If that is not what you meant or feel, than consider yourself absolved from my comments. And if that is what you are saying, you have the right to disagree with my position. It is not as big of a deal as you are making it. No one is accusing you of anything. I am not in a position to accuse you of anything.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 02:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Let's see OKREF says he would talk to coaches after the violation. Bryan says he would not. You quote Bryan and use the word YOU: these are YOUR words

"Why do YOU need to tell the coach anything? Do YOU tell them something everything you call a violation they do not like?

Peace"

Sounds to me and likely many others that you are asking and implying that Bryan talks to the coaches. Bryan points out that he doesn't do that. You call him sensitive. if your reply was to OKREF there'd be no issue.

Bryan has tried to let it go a few times. You keep replying… and digging your hole deeper.
I keep replying because I can. No one is going to do anything to me either way. So not sure what hole I am digging? Even if I felt he said what he claims he has not said, what is going to happen? Nothing.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 02:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Just SHUT UP. Bryan is a kid and you are not.
I do not know what Bryan is or isn't. If he is an official he has to get bigger skin or this is going to get a lot harder than what is said here. I work with kids that have much bigger ways to handle themselves and take the comments in stride. I will not shut up at all. If you do not like the post, you did not have to comment in the first place.

Telling someone to shut up also is something we did in kindergarten too.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 02:44pm
Courageous When Prudent

Sounds like a dispute between B1G 10 fans.
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Sounds like a dispute between B1G 10 fans.

You"re right. BigCat calls for a truce. If we were all in the same room we'd say our piece and be done with it. thx
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 02:56pm
Stubborn Member

I respect you, J, which is why it's important to me that you understand what I'm saying or not saying. Trust me, I have thick skin, which officiating had helped me develop. You, and others here, ate in the camp where I want to make sure I'm understood so I can learn and get better.

FYI, I did not feel bullied, just misunderstood. Thanks, Cat.

Oh, and I'm in year 8 of being a certified official, and I'm 37 years old.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 03:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I have NO patience for a bully.
Please, save the drama fo you mama!!! Seriously.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I respect you, J, which is why it's important to me that you understand what I'm saying or not saying. Trust me, I have thick skin, which officiating had helped me develop. You, and others here, ate in the camp where I want to make sure I'm understood so I can learn and get better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Well Bryan, it sounded better when i said you were a kid. Actually, to J and I, 37 probably is a kid. . Again, if we were all in the same room we speak and it is over. Jeff, I'm sorry i called you a bully and told you to shut up. Kindergarten was hard for me. I still have issues

BigCat
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 03:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

OK. You clarified your position. You can let it go now.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 03:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Well Bryan, it sounded better when i said you were a kid. Actually, to J and I, 37 probably is a kid. . Again, if we were all in the same room we speak and it is over. Jeff, I'm sorry i called you a bully and told you to shut up. Kindergarten was hard for me. I still have issues

BigCat
You can speak for yourself there. Someone 37 is a peer to me. I am not 57 years old.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrutledge View Post
you can speak for yourself there. Someone 37 is a peer to me. I am not 57 years old.

peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 03:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Not me. I am closer to 37 than 50.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 17, 2015, 04:53pm
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
What does 4-19-8 (double fouls) have to do with anything?

Probably referring to a Blarge. The ball remains live on a block/charge on a shot. It is actually a double foul, not a PC and a blocking foul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Closed Thread