The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 11:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
No wonder you get all the big games. If anyone can put third graders in their place, it's you.
So true, I put you in your place all the time. Oh, sorry for the insult third graders.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe I'm mistaken, but as I read this thread it seems like we have forgotten the 2 type of balk calls. There used to be a standard of practice:

FED - Immediately dead ball - "TIME! That's a balk!" nothing else can happen.

NCAA & OBR - Delayed - "That's a balk!" then get back into position in case action continues.

From this thread, it seems that many are running in different directions on the balk call.

Oh, and once the little tykes get on the big diamond, balks are called - no warnings..... that's called baseball. (yes, I am fully aware that there are some small diamond leagues that call balks - no need to remind us.)
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 02:55pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPthink View Post
At some point, silence equals condoning the behavior. If a coach says, "That's two you missed," I'll probably ignore it.
I don't say very much to coaches except usually, "That's enough. I don't want to hear anymore about it."

I did get, "That's two you've missed." I just gave him, "What game are you watching, because I can think of at least three or four more."

Got a huge response from the audience. Feel free to borrow.

Oh, one of my other classics was, "You gotta get better, Blue!" "You think this is bad, you should have seen my last game." with a Groucho Marx cigar flare. (But that was to a parent sitting behind home plate, not a coach) Not as good as the first one IMO, but effective none the less.
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 03:03pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
So true, I put you in your place all the time. Oh, sorry for the insult third graders.
Your attempt at comedy is like your underwear.

It's old, it stinks, and it never changes!
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 05:57pm

^^^LOL! That was funny.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrybel View Post
If you intend to insult, don't make mistakes while doing so.
Not at all my intention. Thanks, however for your input. Again you go out of your way to share your experience, vast knowledge and never erring writing with us. I know I appreciate it and from what I hear from my Illinois friends, it is very typical of you to be this unselfish and giving. Thanks, again. I look forward to your next post.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 07:30am
Official Forum Member

I see you are still unable to discuss baseball umpiring and rely on personal attacks to feel better about yourself. I use my legal name and use this board to learn and help. Try it some time.

Last edited by MikeStrybel; Tue Apr 10, 2012 at 07:43am.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrybel View Post
i i use my legal name and use this board to learn and help.
Otherwise known as WWMD?
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrybel View Post
I see you are still unable to discuss baseball umpiring and rely on personal attacks to feel better about yourself. I use my legal name and use this board to learn and help. Try it some time.
Thank you for your interest and suggestion. I will give it all the consideration it is due. Really, my most sincere thanks. And I know I speak for the entire board when I thank you for all your help.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2012, 09:25pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Thank you for your interest and suggestion. I will give it all the consideration it is due. Really, my most sincere thanks. And I know I speak for the entire board when I thank you for all your help.
You're another "prick" off the old block like your crybaby cousin (if y'all ain't one in the same). If you ever add to a thread by really discussing the issue, instead of telling others in such a diverse manner that they're idiots for not having your vast superior knowledge, it would be the first f*ckin' time.

Perhaps you should add Mike's worthless tail end to your elite ignore list.

Maybe in the future you might want to consider what you say as part of the problem. Your superiority complex, only encourages others to act in the same manner. Being antagonistic, and arrogant aren't considered good qualities by the mass majority.

PS-Hopes this pisses you off, but you wouldn't tell the truth if it did anyway. Seeing that your such a devout disciple of Jim Evans, I sure he would be appalled at the way you present yourself.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2012, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You're another "prick" off the old block like your crybaby cousin (if y'all ain't one in the same). If you ever add to a thread by really discussing the issue, instead of telling others in such a diverse manner that they're idiots for not having your vast superior knowledge, it would be the first f*ckin' time.

Is there an intelligent comment anywhere in here?

Quote:
Perhaps you should add Mike's worthless tail end to your elite ignore list.
Oh, there it is. Thanks.

I'm just trying to find the good in everyone and act civilly, no accusations, no arguments. Perhaps you prefer a pissing contest? Not me. I'd just rather get along. Even with you.

Last edited by MrUmpire; Wed Apr 11, 2012 at 11:00pm.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 12:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
I would balk 9-10 year old Mustang Leaguers as well. They are balks, and as such put the offense at an unfair disadvantage, which is the reason for the rule.
Added to the thread by really discussing the issue.

Quote:
No wonder you get all the big games. If anyone can put third graders in their place, it's you.
telling others in such a diverse manner that they're idiots for not having your vast superior knowledge.

You are one dumb somb*tch, ya know? Friggin hypocrite, you need to STFU.
Old Thu Apr 12, 2012, 04:35pm
In Time Out

Hypocrite? Not quite at your level yet.

Some just can't handle it when someone else throws the ball back in their court.

I think it's a shame that you and a few others have to come to an umpire chat room to get some sort of self glorification. Cyber bullying is sooooo junior highish.
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 11:44pm
In Time Out

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Have not had a problem with a quiet warning at any level, HS through D-1.
I have yet to miss a call either, we should team up!
Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestUmp View Post
I have yet to miss a call either,
Perhaps not, but your reading skills seem to be missing. I was very clearly writing about complaints about warnings, not about calls.