The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 02:54pm
Get away from me, Steve.

It's the same pitch he would flip out on (see the 2008 video) if he was catching.
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
asdf, did they pull the link on you. I get this: We are sorry, but you have reached this page in error.
I just clicked on the link and the video came up.

You could go to MLB video, type "Molina ejection" in the search box and it should give it to you.

You'll be treated to the professional way he took his equipment off piece by piece and thew it at Paul Schreiber back in 2008.

Ironically, it happened in Milwaukee as well.....
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 03:03pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Regardless of whether Drake was right or wrong, Molina deserves a hefty suspension for that. How long does it take MLB to deal with stuff like this, anyway?
I think it's suppose to come down sometime today.
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 04:01pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Cardinals' Molina suspended for five games | MLB.com: News

Quote:
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina has been suspended for five games and fined an undisclosed amount for his inappropriate actions in Tuesday's Cardinals-Brewers game in Milwaukee.

Major League Baseball cited Molina actions as including "making contact with umpire Rob Drake multiple times and spraying him with spittle twice while arguing" in the outburst that took place in the top of the 10th inning of St. Louis' 8-7 victory.

Molina was tossed after arguing a called third strike with Drake and had to be restrained by third-base coach Jose Oquendo as he got in Drake's face about it.
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

1. 5 games is a ****ing joke. How is he not out at least 10?

2. For all those *****ing about Pitchf/x or other similar technology all I have to say is that I trust it a hell of a lot more than I trust some guy sitting on his couch watching on TV. MLB trusts it enough that they determine playoff assignments based on PUs performance according to such technology.
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 08:52pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Let's all pretend for a moment that we all agree that it was a ball by a couple of inches. Does that excuse Molina's behavior? Not a chance.
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 09:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
Let's all pretend for a moment that we all agree that it was a ball by a couple of inches. Does that excuse Molina's behavior? Not a chance.
I predicted a 5 game suspension. Baseball has historically not stood by its umpires. Can you imagine the suspension if an NFL player bumped one of its officials? NBA official?
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I predicted a 5 game suspension. Baseball has historically not stood by its umpires. Can you imagine the suspension if an NFL player bumped one of its officials? NBA official?
Precisely, in Ernie Shore's perfect game where he relieved Babe Ruth after he was ejected - Ruth got a 10 game suspension for hitting the umpire in the head. Here is a good article on the topic
Blame baseball for shameful treatment of umpires - MLB - CBSSports.com Baseball
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 01:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
How soon we forget......

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=2689415

Molina's a punk.
No, he's a rat!
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 07:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadman15241 View Post
2. For all those *****ing about Pitchf/x or other similar technology all I have to say is that I trust it a hell of a lot more than I trust some guy sitting on his couch watching on TV. MLB trusts it enough that they determine playoff assignments based on PUs performance according to such technology.
I got some beautiful land in Floriida to sell you also, trust me iit's a good deal.
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

It's a strike when HP says it's a strike. It's a ball when HP says it's a ball. It's foul when the appropriate umpire says it's foul. It's fair when the appropriate umpire says it's fair (although that can sometimes be corrected).

Getting in the umpires face in the manner displayed in this case is NEVER acceptable and should NEVER be tolerated regardless of what pitch data shows after the fact.
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadman15241 View Post
I emailed your post to a ML umpire last night. I think he's still laughing.
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I can't recall a singular suspension for bumping an official in the NFL. NBA, who cares.
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I can't recall a singular suspension for bumping an official in the NFL. NBA, who cares.
I recall a lineman who got hit in the face/eye with a penalty flag (weighted). I think he shoved the Ref. Not sure if he got suspended
Old Fri Aug 05, 2011, 09:12pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1953 View Post
I recall a lineman who got hit in the face/eye with a penalty flag (weighted). I think he shoved the Ref. Not sure if he got suspended
Referee #42 Jeff Triplette threw a holding flag using established NFL mechanics and the flag's trajectory ended up between the helmet and facemask of Orlando Brown. I believe he was suspended for shoving Triplette. He was out of football only a few years later.