The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 28, 2011, 04:11pm
Archaic Power Monger

Durham, do you wash them in the machine with regular detergent or do you use something like Woolite?
Old Mon Feb 28, 2011, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Durham, do you wash them in the machine with regular detergent or do you use something like Woolite?
The set that I do wash gets washed in All Free and Clear, it is what my wife has had us use for for the last 5 years since my first kid was born. Before that I used Era on them. Both worked equally well. The sets that I give away, dry cleaned for 2 years and machine washed for 2 years are better than some of the slacks that I see some partners wear as far as color and condition. I usually just wash them with my umpire clothes, socks, shirts, undergarments in one load together on cold. Dry on low and fold as soon as the dry goes off.
Old Thu Mar 03, 2011, 10:57am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ump View Post
My GD's are wearing out after two seasons. I'm looking at getting the Smitty Brand. Has anyone here wore these? How do they stand up to the Honig Poly Wools or the GD pants?
Two seasons, hm. Do you kneel?
Old Sat Mar 05, 2011, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to BK47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock View Post
Have you tried the Diamond lightweight?

$72 here

The Sports Loft: Home
Thanks Dash, I got the Diamond Lightweight DFM-iX3 off of eBay for $65, including the shipping. Cant believe how light this thing is.
Old Sat Mar 05, 2011, 10:30am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK47 View Post
Thanks guys for your input on Ump Gear. Right now I am deciding on I guess two different masks for this year. One of which is the K94 from Honigs which I can get 20% off to make it $60 vs the Allstar FM2000UMP which I can get from Baseball Plus store for $45. Any thoughts on either one of these?

Honig's Whistle Stop - K94 - SINGLE BAR PRO-LINE MASK WITH Team Wendy ZORBIUM PADDING

Allstar fm2000ump super light weight umpires helmet
The ALL Star link doesn't resolve to a helmet. If your choice is mask v.s helmet, and you want the best protection? Helmet.
Old Sun Mar 06, 2011, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

I have heather gray from Honigs for when I work with someone who only has heather, and the charcoal from Honigs for when I work with someone who has those (growing in numbers). Wash in machine, light on the detergent, hang up immediately when dry.

Only things I have that did not come from Honigs is the current mask I am using (Diamond lightweight silver) and my chest protector (a knockoff, but Champion sells one that looks just like it). I do have 4 other masks that came from Honigs, but when I got the Diamond they went to closet.