Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Yawn. Lock 'er down, please.
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Oh, my God, yes, please lock it down. Looking inside of Rutledge's concept of logic is a frightening.

Rut: Situation X says this.
Bob: No it doesn't.
Rut: Let's just agree to disagree.
MU: No room for disagreement. It either says what you say or it doesn't and like Bob said, it doesn't.
Rut: I'm used to disagree with Bob.
MU: But you are denying the truth of what the situation says, not disagreeing with Bob.
Rut: Well if it's not about Bob, what is it about?
MU: Someone shoot me in the face, please.

My dear Mr. Rutledge...get some help. Thankfully, I've retired but I know of some colleagues in the Chicago area that could help you.
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
My dear Mr. Rutledge...get some help. Thankfully, I've retired but I know of some colleagues in the Chicago area that could help you.
I used to bother about that. But the ignore list is just so much less stressful, you know?
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:41pm

Meanwhile, back at the original post ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrope22 View Post
Head coach argues with PU and gets restricted to dugout. Before returning to dugout he continues to argue and gets tossed. Next inning when asst. coaches go to take positions at first and third. PU won't allow Assts to coach bases. They are told because they are restricted to dugout they can't coach bases but can allow players to coach the bases. Explaination was this is a new NFHS rule. Is this correct? This was a 13U travel team playing NFHS rules.
Just to summarize so everybody is clear ... an ejection/restriction of a HC has no bearing on any ACs.

If an AC leaves their position or dugout to argue a call, eject the AC and restrict the HC. That would not preclude a different AC from occupying a coaches' box, correct?

There's no requirement that either of the coaches' boxes be occupied by a coach. They may be occupied by players, non-restricted/ejected coaches or left empty.
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioBlue View Post
Meanwhile, back at the original post ...

Just to summarize so everybody is clear ... an ejection/restriction of a HC has no bearing on any ACs.
Correct.

Quote:
If an AC leaves their position or dugout to argue a call, eject the AC and restrict the HC. That would not preclude a different AC from occupying a coaches' box, correct?
Not correct. You MAY choose to restrict the AC, which also REQUIRES restriction of the head-coach. Correct: a different AC may then occupy the coaches box vacated by the restricted/ejected AC or HC.

Quote:
There's no requirement that either of the coaches' boxes be occupied by a coach. They may be occupied by players, non-restricted/ejected coaches or left empty.
Correct.
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 02:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cviverito View Post
Not correct. You MAY choose to restrict the AC, which also REQUIRES restriction of the head-coach. Correct: a different AC may then occupy the coaches box vacated by the restricted/ejected AC or HC.
Right. Good catch. (I wish you'd knew what I meant instead of what I said.)
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote: "I believe that the intent of the rule was to restrict actions above what the plays suggest"

May I suggest that you contact your State Rules Committee and get clarification on this issue. As umpires, we must be careful when enforcing rules based on what we believe the "intent" to be is. And when we come to certain rules, as the one which you have mentioned, we ask those in charge to clarify since this forum has not served that purpose for you.

Good luck...
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

You know, I did a cut & paste from the 2010 FED book so you could all read the rule and the penalty. You are supposed to be umpires and most of you HS umpires. I cannot believe how plain English can be debated so.

People, if you do not understand this rule, this rule that for once the FED put in plain English, don't debate it. Stop umpiring HS ball, turn in your uniforms and find another hobby that you can screw up!

Finis
Old Tue Apr 20, 2010, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
People, if you do not understand this rule, this rule that for once the FED put in plain English, don't debate it. Stop umpiring HS ball, turn in your uniforms and find another hobby that you can screw up!

Finis
I think Illinois would survive the loss.