The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

If you act now ...

You can be THE FIRST in your unit to have the NEW trend setting colors from OFFICIAL'S CHOICE:

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 03:02pm.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

I'll take 2.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

I would rather use the $12.50 as toilet paper.

Yes, including the 50 cents.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin View Post
Yes, including the 50 cents.
See you and Richard Gere in the ER.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

I can't quite figure out why there is an "Entry Level" and a "Premium Level" shirt. Why not just make one?
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

These would go perfect with my RED ball bag! YES!!

-Josh
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
- BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND -

Translated - We fired the bonehead who ordered these colors but now we're stuck with them.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

I gotta tell ya, the maroon is pretty sharp looking with the GD charcoal pants. I got a freebie from them, and I'm buying several for my other crew mates.

Toss out your preconceived notions about colors (WWMLBguysW), and think about what colors go well with dark gray slacks. Now I understand that the only taste some of you guys have is in your mouth, so try play along, okay?

If I look in my non-umpire closet, I've got zero baby blue golf shirts. Several red, a couple of navy, a few black and green ones two. I don't think I'd wear a powder blue polo shirt, nor a pink one. If Joe West wore a pink paisley shirt, half you guys would be hitting the keyboards searching for one. The same ones that have those half sleeved smocks in your arsenal.

So stop thinking about what other umpires wear, and start thinking about what looks good. When I roll with a crew wearing red (no, no red ball bags) we get nothing but compliments. Powder? Nothing. Black is always sharp. Cream? Please. You're wearing black based colored pants, and you want to toss in brown? Would you wear a brown shirt with a gray suit? I hope not.

Are these the best quality shirts? No. They're cut weird, and the light blue doesn't match any other makers shirts. But they are comfortable on hot days, and the long sleeved black is a keeper. The chocolate one is just stupid, as is their version of red. I haven't seen the sage, so I won't pass judgment. It might look pretty good with the gray.

Look, 20 years from now you'll be chuckling at the garb you're wearing now. (Think elbcos, beanies, pillows, etc). And you won't be caught dead in an MLB polo blue shirt either. Hell, we might all be wearing maroon base coats, and turtlenecks again. What goes around.....

Last edited by kylejt; Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 09:05pm.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
I gotta tell ya, the maroon is pretty sharp looking with the GD charcoal pants. I got a freebie from them, and I'm buying several for my other crew mates.

Toss out your preconceived notions about colors (WWMLBguysW), and think about what colors go good with dark gray slacks. Now I understand that the only taste some you guys have is in your mouth, so try to keep up.

If I look in my non-umpire closet, I've got zero baby blue golf shirts. Several red, a couple of navy, a few black and green ones two. I don't think I'd wear a powder blue polo shirt, nor a pink one. If Joe West wore a pink paisley shirt, half you guys would be hitting the keyboards searching for one. The same ones that have those half sleeved smocks in your arsenal.

So stop thinking about what other umpires wear, and start thinking about what looks good.

Using the this logic, I'd never wear black and white stripes on the football field or basketball court.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

LAME shirts. why cant we just go with two or three colors not the whole crayola 64 styles

For all those who don't know ... Ed Hickox is the MAN

NFHS NCAA PONY ASA ISC USSSA
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Don't even start me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ump153 View Post
Using the this logic, I'd never wear black and white stripes on the football field or basketball court.

Good.

Last edited by kylejt; Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 11:40pm.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I can't quite figure out why there is an "Entry Level" and a "Premium Level" shirt. Why not just make one?
Any company that makes a entry level shirt is just crazy...

Honig's Whistle Stop Online Store - Products
Signature Series Umpire Shirts: Gerry Davis Sports
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=LDUB;615356]Any company that makes a entry level shirt is just crazy...

Dalco has been doing quite well for years doing just that. There's a market for crappy stuff. Every Mom 'n Pop sporting goods store has a bunch of awful, entry level Dalco umpire shirts collecting dust in a corner somewhere.
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
The Honig's basketball shirt you linked is 100% polyester - totally different from the mesh-type shirts that everyone wears now.

What is the difference in the two OC shirts? Either way, I won't buy them. Their stripes on the sleeves and collars are too wide. Their MLB blue and cream are completely the wrong shade. Their jackets aren't too bad. I saw one up close this spring.
Old Sat Jul 18, 2009, 12:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post

Toss out your preconceived notions about colors (WWMLBguysW), and think about what colors go well with dark gray slacks. Now I understand that the only taste some of you guys have is in your mouth, so try play along, okay?
Sure, those colors would look great if you were serving drinks next to the pool as some posh hotel.