View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 17, 2009, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

I gotta tell ya, the maroon is pretty sharp looking with the GD charcoal pants. I got a freebie from them, and I'm buying several for my other crew mates.

Toss out your preconceived notions about colors (WWMLBguysW), and think about what colors go well with dark gray slacks. Now I understand that the only taste some of you guys have is in your mouth, so try play along, okay?

If I look in my non-umpire closet, I've got zero baby blue golf shirts. Several red, a couple of navy, a few black and green ones two. I don't think I'd wear a powder blue polo shirt, nor a pink one. If Joe West wore a pink paisley shirt, half you guys would be hitting the keyboards searching for one. The same ones that have those half sleeved smocks in your arsenal.

So stop thinking about what other umpires wear, and start thinking about what looks good. When I roll with a crew wearing red (no, no red ball bags) we get nothing but compliments. Powder? Nothing. Black is always sharp. Cream? Please. You're wearing black based colored pants, and you want to toss in brown? Would you wear a brown shirt with a gray suit? I hope not.

Are these the best quality shirts? No. They're cut weird, and the light blue doesn't match any other makers shirts. But they are comfortable on hot days, and the long sleeved black is a keeper. The chocolate one is just stupid, as is their version of red. I haven't seen the sage, so I won't pass judgment. It might look pretty good with the gray.

Look, 20 years from now you'll be chuckling at the garb you're wearing now. (Think elbcos, beanies, pillows, etc). And you won't be caught dead in an MLB polo blue shirt either. Hell, we might all be wearing maroon base coats, and turtlenecks again. What goes around.....

Last edited by kylejt; Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 09:05pm.