The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 10, 2009, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
4H Club - Hip Hip Horray for Honig's

Ordered some stuff a few weeks ago, got to my house 2 days after ordering them. The plate shoes were a bit big, so I called the office here in CT and they told me to send them back with the invoice and a note with what size I'd want.

I got a bit nervous when about 10 business days later, still nothing back in the mail. Called them today, they sent it back to what they had on file as my permanent address (which is now my old address), and not to where the first package was sent to or returned from. Whoops! Honest mistake.

I told them my mail was being forwarded home, and I would probably get the package in a week or two, but asked if they could send me my stuff and then I would send back to them the other package when it finally got here. They complied, and apologized for the mistake.

Even when they screw up, which is rare, they still take care of their customers. Bravo...

Just a story I thought I'd share
Old Wed Jun 10, 2009, 10:55pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post
Ordered some stuff a few weeks ago, got to my house 2 days after ordering them. The plate shoes were a bit big, so I called the office here in CT and they told me to send them back with the invoice and a note with what size I'd want.

I got a bit nervous when about 10 business days later, still nothing back in the mail. Called them today, they sent it back to what they had on file as my permanent address (which is now my old address), and not to where the first package was sent to or returned from. Whoops! Honest mistake.

I told them my mail was being forwarded home, and I would probably get the package in a week or two, but asked if they could send me my stuff and then I would send back to them the other package when it finally got here. They complied, and apologized for the mistake.

Even when they screw up, which is rare, they still take care of their customers. Bravo...

One reason why 95% of my gear is from Honig's
Old Wed Jun 10, 2009, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

That is one of the joys of working in Carolina. Almost every trip can be made to go through Raleigh, and get the stuff 1st hand.
Old Thu Jun 11, 2009, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Here, you go to Honig's on the way to Disneyland or an Angels game.
Old Thu Jun 11, 2009, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

I know in FLA I went to Honig's on the way to a Marlins game. I was the only person at both sites LOL!!
Old Thu Jun 11, 2009, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outathm View Post
I know in FLA I went to Honig's on the way to a Marlins game. I was the only person at both sites LOL!!
I'm LOL'ing ... that's a good line.
Old Thu Jun 11, 2009, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outathm View Post
lol...Good one! Although I'm surprised nobody else was at Honig's

-Josh
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

I wonder why Honig's is not responding to the need for charcoal gray slacks. The one thing that makes them superior to the others (other than the service) is their slacks, and they only have them in heather and that slightly darker shade that they call charcoal, but isn't.

A lot of guys made the mistake of buying those slacks when the regulation changed to charcoal, and they don't match the standard charcoal and they all got stuck with them. It's dumbfounding.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Fri Jun 12, 2009 at 10:25am.
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty
they only have them in heather and that slightly darker shade that they call charcoal, but isn't.
Whoa. That's good to know. I love Honig's, and I also need the darker pants. Any recommendations?

"The prompt and correct judgements of the honorable umpire elicited applause from the members of both clubs, and their thanks are tendered to him for the gentlemanly manner in which he acquitted himself of that onerous duty." - Niagara Indexensis, May 20th 1872
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs started the poly-woolz back in 2003ish? I can tell you that the current poly-wools are the exact same pant worn by the MLB guys...except the big leagers get heavy duty white pockets and each are measured and have their own custom pattern. If smitty and some others are making their pants darker.... thats on them. Sometimes dye lots vary and the color might be off from batch to batch but generally, they are pretty consistant ( Honigs). If you are doing college and above... wear only honigs poly wools.
If you work HS and below and want to save money... try the new Honigs polys with the side tabs. Just my 2 cents. Oh ya... buy The Official's Locker Room!
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

The Smitty pants are charcoal and the poly-wools look almost exactly like them color wise. The texture of the material is different, but the color is almost the same.

Compared to the Davis pants, even the Smittys and poly-wools don't look like charcoal.
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11 View Post

One of the reasons why it's great to have an official's supply store near home where you can personally go try on your shoes.
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72 View Post
One of the reasons why it's great to have an official's supply store near home where you can personally go try on your shoes.
Between the Lines is moving within about 40 minutes of me soon. We don't have any real official's supply stores anywhere near here, so I'm excited.
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
I wonder why Honig's is not responding to the need for charcoal gray slacks. The one thing that makes them superior to the others (other than the service) is their slacks, and they only have them in heather and that slightly darker shade that they call charcoal, but isn't.
Honig's pants are the standard darker shade of pants. If some other companies came along made their pants a different color that isn't Honig's fault. Maybe in a few years you'll be complaining how Honig's doesn't sell black shirts with thick trim like the Official's Choice.
Old Fri Jun 12, 2009, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Uh ... no, I won't.

The Honig's polywools are the original or standard shade of charcoal. The Honig's ultimate slacks are lighter than the polywools, which are already lighter than all the other brands' "charcoal." If you work the higher levels, like Chris said, if you have polywools, you'll match all of your partners. At any level JUCO or under, if you wear the polywools, you'll match some of your partners, and if you wear the Honig's ultimates (the ones with the expanders), you will match none of your partners, no matter what shade they claim they are. The ones that will match will be the Cliff Keen/Gerry Davis/Smitty's shade and not the almost heather shade of the Honig's ultimates.

The polywools are the best, though. Just stay away from the ultimates.