The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
You can get them here, at the umpiring gear world's second-worst web site. They are just mailing it in. Why even have a site?
I've received lousy service from companies with great websites.
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokard View Post
Many great stories here. Really. But can I assume NO ONE has an indicator they want to sell as I originally posted? Oh well. Ump 154 if in the situation you describe and you looked down and saw that you zeroed out the strikes, wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?
That was my thinking too. I don't have one to sell you, but I think Honigs still has them. I ordered some other items there today.
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokard View Post
Many great stories here. Really. But can I assume NO ONE has an indicator they want to sell as I originally posted? Oh well. Ump 154 if in the situation you describe and you looked down and saw that you zeroed out the strikes, wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?
It was Bluezebra with the great story. But, yes, you are correct, the 3-2 indicator does the job even in that situation.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 04:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezebra View Post
You're working alone. One out, 3-2 count, runners at 2B & 1B. Strike three to batter as runners are going with the pitch. F2 throws ball into LF trying to nab runner. Lead runner comes home, second runner goes to 3B. F7 throws wild to 3B, allowing second runner to score. When the dust clears, batter is standing on 1B. With all the action, you forgot whether you called ball four or strike three. What do you do? With an indicator registering four balls and three strikes, you check to see that the batter was out on strikes, and is removed from 1B.
Never happen. BATTER RUNNER is a term that identifies the offensive player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezebra View Post
"I'm coaching a 12U rec team playing under USSSA. Our pitcher threw a pitch that the BR swung at and missed for strike 3."

Never happen. BATTER RUNNER is a term that identifies the offensive player who has just finished his time at bat until he is put out or until the play on which he became a runner ends.

Bob
Old Tue Mar 31, 2009, 04:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDX View Post
Who's #1?

Could it be the one that keeps sending me e-mails about their next huge sale, then only having sizes like 3 and 4XL in stock? This is also the place whose owner told me after I placed my (only) order, "I want to change umpire uniforms one person at a time and take on the major suppliers with my revolutionary shirts," or something like that.
Oh, you mean Officials Have No Choice.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Apr 03, 2009, 12:23am
Official Forum Member

OK, I'll bump this one last time to see if anyone has an old style indicator for me? No more war stories. I just want a simple Rawlings or Spalding stainless steel indicator with 2 strikes, 3 balls, and 2 outs. Anyone?????
Old Fri Apr 03, 2009, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

How about if I give in return 2 of the same type indicators with 3 strikes, 4 balls, and 3 outs indicators. Already notched and ready to be placed into service.