The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 11, 2009, 08:03am
Official Forum Member

evaluations part 2

I previously posted about evaluations and negativity. I was evaluated at a varsity boys high school game again saturday. I consider the evaluator a friend, but when he said i didn't hustle enough on the field, I thought he was wrong. After all, I am a runner and how could he tell me I don't hustle.

so, he changed a varsity game yesterday(he is the assignor) so he could work with me and do the bases. Boy was i wrong. He made me look like an old man on the bases. he is 53 and I am 60, so this isn't about him being a young guy showning up the old man.

He was jogging and running everywhere, even between innings. so, i stand corrected on eval's. the officials that are evaluating other officials, do know the rules and know when someone does not. they are giving an honest critique of your work.

I now hope I can develope abilities like he has!!
Old Wed Mar 11, 2009, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

I live near two minor league parks. One is AAA, and the other is AA. One thing that impresses me most is how these guys hustle. They hustle into the slot on routine fly balls. They hustle to their position between innings. No walking back to their place after a call. I guess they know this is one of the secrets to moving up in the umpiring world.
Old Sat Mar 14, 2009, 07:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan View Post
I live near two minor league parks. One is AAA, and the other is AA. One thing that impresses me most is how these guys hustle. They hustle into the slot on routine fly balls. They hustle to their position between innings. No walking back to their place after a call. I guess they know this is one of the secrets to moving up in the umpiring world.
Me too...AAA and AA and I agree. Those guys NEVER, EVER, not hustle. Anyone who wants to get better at game mechanics, coverage, angles, game management etc., if you can..go wtch a MiLB game.