The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

I need some feedback on evaluations.I got one last night and the official came up and told me a couple of things that were wrong with my work.I am all for constructive criticisim but shouldn't we try to tell the person about some things they did right also.I felt like I was doing a pretty good game till then but then I believe it bothered me the rest of the game.Maybe I am to sensitive but comments from coaches and fans don't bother me.When only negative comments come from a respected official its hard.These things make me work harder but I wonder if all negative comments make some young officials quit.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
I agree with you. It is always a good policy to start a conversation such as this with positive feedback and then to mention, in a constructive fashion, the areas that seem to need work. Also, I believe, it is a poor idea to give that feedback, especially of the negative kind, during the game. The feedback, positive or negative, should always be given quietly and in a private manner.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

You are probably right, the feedback may have been a little harsh and delivered at an inopportune time...but, if you seriously want to do the best you can and want to improve, you crave that feedback. So sack up and listen to what's being said and if it is true then work very hard to improve on those things nightly.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Yes to devdog I agree with you I am taking the advice and going to work hard on what was said.My point was just that some positive comments especially to first or second year people might keep more officials in the job.