The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Okay okay. Pregame ceremonies, an announcer, music, between-innings fan on-field competitions, concession stand and even news coverage would all be fun and even a way for the league to make money. Bringing random people to the game as pretend fans, pretending to be autograph seekers, and pretending to be journalists after the game interviewing the players (they did this too check the Improve Everywhere site) is too much. All the unexpected hype took the players' attention away from the game and made the event everything that was going on around the game, not the game itself. Celebrate it for what it is- kids playing non-MLB baseball.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

At that age it did not take much to take my attention away from the game. This was not a high-level "must win" game that the players needed to focus on without distractions.

The idea was for the kids to have fun, and it looks like they did.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tip184 View Post
Okay okay. Pregame ceremonies, an announcer, music, between-innings fan on-field competitions, concession stand and even news coverage would all be fun and even a way for the league to make money. Bringing random people to the game as pretend fans, pretending to be autograph seekers, and pretending to be journalists after the game interviewing the players (they did this too check the Improve Everywhere site) is too much. All the unexpected hype took the players' attention away from the game and made the event everything that was going on around the game, not the game itself. Celebrate it for what it is- kids playing non-MLB baseball.

I'll bet you don't believe in Santa Claus.

The "bringin random people to the game...etc" was part of the whole package to give the kids a petite feel of what it's like in the bigs. I can't believe you're offended that an organization worked hard to do this for kids they didn't even know. I guess it's true...no good deed goes unpunished.

Is your nickname Eyore by any chance?
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

I think its just a good time for all the kids enjoy it heck I'd enjoy it to. If they have the type of money to blow on putting something like that together, have at it.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Well I thought the autograph and post-game interview part were cheesy. And that's my opinion, everyone else is free to have their own.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

I remember growing in a new way while I was watching an episode of I Dream of Jeannie in 1966. While I never had any hope of someday making it with a genie that looks like Barbara Eden, what was the harm in pretending that I wood ... I mean would?

See what we're saying?
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

She was hot!!