Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 27, 2008, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
This individualism is why America cannot get along with any other nation. Regardless, I cannot change the loudmouths in this thread who just know they are right, so I will not argue any further.

OH CANADAUMP6........do Canadian brains ever completely thaw? This is a perfect example of your tendencies to roll over when it gets tough. A lot like my previous point.

You have brought America into this conversation so I feel it"s my privilege to tell you how great this country is.

Over all we don't reward mediocrity.....there are winners...and everything else is losers.Now before you blow a gasket...losing isn't all bad...ESPECIALLY when you realize you cannot always win. It provides a balance in the big picture....if I lose...which does happen....then next time I'll do something different to win. What a concept.

According to your way of thinking(?)...if you lose then we need to realign the players..rules...whatever..so we all feel warm and fuzzy and nobody has hurt feelings. We then all benefit from an equally weak system....Canada comes to mind..with your health care system to your confusion on a single national language.....to your equally oppressive tax system on imports. I guess that if you (canada)don't make it...then tax the piss out of it.

But I digress....point is who bales this world out when it counts? The U.N. ?
Another ball and chain on this great land. How about we pull our ASSets out of that organization..then see how much help the world gets.

So Canadaump6....don't stop trying for someday you could win!

griff

American by birth...Christian by choice.....

NRA life member

Last edited by griff901c; Wed Aug 27, 2008 at 01:32pm. Reason: spellcheck
Old Wed Aug 27, 2008, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900
Good one Walt, but in reality, John Williams is one of those attorneys that you would not want against you but you would seek his help in a minute. This is going to get real ugly, very quickly if he decides to take the case!
That was exactly my point. If the league thinks it's okay to exclude a player who is better than the competition then why not take it to the extreme and try to exclude the better lawyer too.