Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 11:14am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Ump
I , all kidding aside, witnessed The Deej bench pressing, 5 sets 8 reps, 2 45s.

He had one 45 pound plate on one end, one on the other.....
With the bar included that's 135 lbs. On a light day, I do four sets of 12 repetitions. Normal for me is 185 lbs three sets of 10 repetitions or 205 lbs three sets of 8 repetitions.
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

You can watch me do my famous 12 oz curls most Fri or Saturday nights, Limited weeknight performances are available...
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 02:09pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Ump
You can watch me do my famous 12 oz curls most Fri or Saturday nights, Limited weeknight performances are available...
Yo, yo, yo. Why don't you really impress us with some 40 oz curls?
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
That's a shame. Often there is no time between end of work (for those that have day jobs, I realize many on the forum don't) and home plate meeting, to wait 4 hours to eat or drink is patently absurd. There is much evidences that as blood sugars drop, abilities, especially cognitive and visual, drop with it.

Yes, you're correct. More time between innings since, as I posted, this is allotted time. There are a few who take advantage of this and eat on the way to the field and again at the field, we call them The Big Umps.

Unprofessional to properly fuel the body for maximum performance? Are you serious....? No, you're pulling my leg. You got me, Tim.

It's as I thought, Walter. You really have no sound reason to allow this during a game. It's a ridiculous argument. The best you can do is another silly attempt at a personal barb rather than give a decent reason why your umpires would need to eat during a game. It's alloted time only because you allow it to be so. How much time does it take to eat a small energy bar, or even a granola bar that would keep their blood sugars at an adequate level. You make it sound as if you and your partners are waifs ready to faint in an instant if you're not fed during a game. It's a crock and you know it.........

Tim.

Last edited by BigUmp56; Tue Feb 19, 2008 at 09:58pm.
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

135? C'mon IU... that's a warm-up set my man!
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Luckily, I officiate only time limited games
Quote:
Having officiated 11 sports including all variations of softball
Wow, and none if those softball variations included high school varsity or college games.
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

come on now tim, do you have any idea how hard it is too plan that far in advance? i mean if it is a five minute drive you could never eat a banana or an apple or a energy bar, and i would never actually eat or drink anything while getting dressed, you know, before you put on your uniform. how about during your pre-game if possible, and i would like to know, in what inning do you go to the potty?
Old Tue Feb 19, 2008, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
It's as I thought, Walter. You really have...
It's cute how some of you guys answer these clowns. It's almost as if you think their opinions matter in some way.
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 12:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp
It's cute how some of you guys answer these clowns. It's almost as if you think their opinions matter in some way.

My grandparents taught my parents, my parents taught me and I taught my kids: What you do is far more meaningful and revealing than what you say.

When posters, who complain about these pretenders for getting personal or posting utter nonsense, continue to dialog with them, they demonstrate that their protestations are phony. They must derive some kind of twisted pleasure by being subjected to these wannabes. I can think of no other reason for one to continue to offer one's self up as an easy and frequent target, and, indeed, invite a continuing barrage of blather.
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 01:18am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
With the bar included that's 135 lbs. On a light day, I do four sets of 12 repetitions. Normal for me is 185 lbs three sets of 10 repetitions or 205 lbs three sets of 8 repetitions.
It was a joke. FYI

I bench once a week or so. Mainly perform the Olympic lifts and their variations.
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 01:20am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Ump
Pay per view?
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 01:22am
In Time Out

Quote:

lol

You're still pi$$ed off that I could 1rep max you into the ground, Mr. BumpItOffYour Chest.
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 01:24am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
My grandparents taught my parents, my parents taught me and I taught my kids: What you do is far more meaningful and revealing than what you say.
For a guy with 10,000 posts, that's oxymoronic.

Quote:
When posters, who complain about these pretenders for getting personal or posting utter nonsense, continue to dialog with them, they demonstrate that their protestations are phony. They must derive some kind of twisted pleasure by being subjected to these wannabes. I can think of no other reason for one to continue to offer one's self up as an easy and frequent target, and, indeed, invite a continuing barrage of blather.
Someone who understands the KingGarthB's English please post a translation.
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72
135? C'mon IU... that's a warm-up set my man!
bossman, The Deej is nothing more than Mr. Warmup. His idea of manliness is to snatch 100 kilos and like the Go-Rilla he is, drop the bar to the floor from over his Deej head!
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 03:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
Nice lifts, lot of time on the bench. Enjoyment, hypertrophy? I'm not a bench guy myself.