The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

"Stephen Keener, President and C.E.O., Little League, Inc., held a news conference on Jan. 4, 2007; the subject being the new TV eight(8) year extension agreement.

In answer to a reporter's question he stated the new TV eight(8)year extension agreement revenue to Little League, Inc., was worth $30.1 million in total rights fees. [3.76 million/year]

He stated...this new agreement superseded a six(6) year agreement that was worth $8.4 million. [$1.4 million/year]

That news conference was/is available on-line.

He did say how some of the additional revenue was going back to local leagues via free coaches clinics; eighty(80) free background checks via Choice-Point; and a $2.00 reduction in Charter Fee; from $18.00 to $16.00. "

//////////////////////////////

WOW....lota dough! and thats just the TV--not including the sponsers! (kelloggs, i guess plus others)--- but NO word on using anyto upgrade the umpires, tho

cant' 30 MILLION DOLLARS buy a beter umpire selection system?? know there are great ones out there, why cant' MORE get to wport?
It's sad when you're at a baseball game and realize that you'll never have the money, status or talent that the guys on the field take for granted. And it gets even worse when the grounds crew gives way to the players.
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=UmpLarryJohnsoncant' 30 MILLION DOLLARS buy a beter umpire selection system?? know there are great ones out there, why cant' MORE get to wport?[/QUOTE]

Because the only ones who care about this are those (relatively) few *****ing on the internet discussion boards, and they haven't paid $30million.
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpLarryJohnson
"Stephen Keener, President and C.E.O., Little League, Inc., held a news conference on Jan. 4, 2007; the subject being the new TV eight(8) year extension agreement.

In answer to a reporter's question he stated the new TV eight(8)year extension agreement revenue to Little League, Inc., was worth $30.1 million in total rights fees. [3.76 million/year]

He stated...this new agreement superseded a six(6) year agreement that was worth $8.4 million. [$1.4 million/year]

That news conference was/is available on-line.

He did say how some of the additional revenue was going back to local leagues via free coaches clinics; eighty(80) free background checks via Choice-Point; and a $2.00 reduction in Charter Fee; from $18.00 to $16.00. "

//////////////////////////////

WOW....lota dough! and thats just the TV--not including the sponsers! (kelloggs, i guess plus others)--- but NO word on using anyto upgrade the umpires, tho

cant' 30 MILLION DOLLARS buy a beter umpire selection system?? know there are great ones out there, why cant' MORE get to wport?

At least you did get a few facts in this post. That's a good start young grasshopper. The secret is in realizing there's more, and interpretting them. For that, one must use his mind.
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to aceholleran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives
The umpires have paid their LL dues. They "earned" their way there just as much as the players and coaches.
Tell me how officials of this poor quality have "earned" anything. Please.

These are rewards for the Old Uncle Bumpses of the world. Please don't tell me that these umps are handpicked by experts as the best of the best.

I wouldn't let half of these smitties near a 9-year-old game in my neck of the woods, nape of the way.

Harummpf.

Ace
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Yar, you tell 'im, Ace!
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceholleran

These are rewards for the Old Uncle Bumpses of the world. Please don't tell me that these umps are handpicked by experts as the best of the best.

I wouldn't let half of these smitties near a 9-year-old game in my neck of the woods, nape of the way.

Harummpf.

Ace
But Ace, how do you really feel ????

"I never called a balk in my life. I didn't understand the rule" - Ron Luciano
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Harummpf.

Ace
Wouldst thou be the same Ace Holleran that posts on the Yahoo LLumires group?
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Harummpf.

Ace
"Earn" is a pliable word in the world of LL, Ace.

Teams earn their way to the LLWS by their performance on the field, proving their talent, besting opponents and winning their way.

Some umpires earn their way by their record of volunteering, serving on BOD's, shmoozing regional directors and "getting along" with coaches.

In some enlighted areas, ability and quality of performance are figured in. Last year the overall quality of the umpires at LLWS had improved for the second year in a row. (Indeed, the criticisms on the internet boards that were prevalent years ago nearly disappeared.) That led many to believe that the organization had finally realized that the umpires needed to be as good as the teams.

Alas, the improvement was short-lived, and while there are a few trained excellent umpires in attendance this year, the over all quality level is back to where it was five years ago.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 04:07pm

Wow, that Williams kid from Texas can sure pitch!!!

Maybe the Baltimore Orioles should sign him right now.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 04:44pm

And just what is up with the Japanese catcher? Every pitch called a ball he is either questioning the umpire or asking for a check swing, even when the batter doesn't even move the bat. He would be rubbing me the wrong way, for sure. I might have a little talk with his coach and interpreter.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 04:48pm

One more rant and I'm done:

I am just sick to death of the phony-a$$ Frosted Flakes commercial and the "man's chicken" KFC spot. Could they possibly wear these two commercials out any more???

End of rant.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve

Maybe the Baltimore Orioles should sign him right now.
nah no pt in scarring him for life is there???
It's sad when you're at a baseball game and realize that you'll never have the money, status or talent that the guys on the field take for granted. And it gets even worse when the grounds crew gives way to the players.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 04:52pm

I lied. One more:

This High School II teenage singers that are doing the theme for this year's LLWS are saying, "Hey batter, batter, SWING" in their song. Isn't just a little ironic that actual LL players are prohibited from saying it in their games? I grew up using the cheer to our team's advantage, but now it's not PC to holler at the batter. Sad, just sad I tell ya.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 05:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I lied. One more:

This High School II teenage singers that are doing the theme for this year's LLWS are saying, "Hey batter, batter, SWING" in their song. Isn't just a little ironic that actual LL players are prohibited from saying it in their games? I grew up using the cheer to our team's advantage, but now it's not PC to holler at the batter. Sad, just sad I tell ya.
Yeah, Steve,
That's just wrong.
Must've been approved by some ol' guy in the PR department.
Old Thu Aug 23, 2007, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I lied. One more:

YGBSM Steve! They are prohibited? By what freaking rule? I used to do this over 45 years ago and we survived just fine! Kids today are being raised in a bubble! PC my bunghole! It's just ridiculous!