Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 05, 2007, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Did it ever occur to you, that maybe Greg Anderson did not provide Bonds with any illegal substances and that is why he was willing to go to jail?
Anderson is in jail because he refuses to talk to the grand jury. All he has to do to get out is answer their questions.

Now, then, if he can honestly say that he never provided steroids to Bonds, he would be a free man tomorrow. Yet he remains in jail.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 12:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I would also like to make the point, that as far as I know not a single African-American said anything in this thread about race. So who is playing the "race-card" now? In all the things I saw last night, I did not hear of anyone talk about race at all. And since Bonds does not talk to the media, not sure when you mentioned this either.

Peace
God, not this tired, old argument again!

So a black person is the only one who can bring up race as an issue?
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 12:16am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblue13
The last Great Commissioner was A. Bartlett Giamatti. Fay Vincent held his own especially on the Pete Rose issue. MLB needs someone who can be the face of the game and who can uphold the dignity of the game. Selig has just been asleep at the wheel for tooooo long.
Agreed, Fay got thrown into the midst of things and he did one hell of a job. Remember it was Giammatti who commissioned Dr. Robert Adair to compile the "Physics of Baseball" which set aside tons of myths. I believe that Adair's books and works transformed baseball, how it is coached and viewed.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 12:17am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblue13
That's true but the Commissioner works for the owners anyway. He has always been their hired gun, so to speak. If a commissioner raised too much guff against the owners' league policies, he wouldn't be commissioner for too long. I just think that Bud doesn't do anything for the game of baseball.
When was the last time we had an Owner as Commissioner? Landis, Mack, ?
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 12:24am
In Time Out

Quote:
The bottom line is when you prove something about Barry. I will buy all that crap.
You won't buy the proof either. Still defending OJ? If Bonds was white, you'd have thrown him into the hellfire years ago.
Quote:

Until then, it is a record. Barry Bonds has broken it. And the last time I checked steroids were not an illegal substance.
OK so let me get this straight. Bonds did not do sterioids (no proof) but just in case he did, they are not illegal.

I'd go on but I'll just get out of your way while you rant like a drunken lunaic and make a fool of yourself.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 12:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25

Well, I'll mention it. And I'm not talking about Bonds, who I believe is a user. I'm talking about those like Rutledge who has lost all credibility with me (big deal!) because it just seems obvious that there is some unwritten law in a certain "community" that says you cant (or shouldnt) say anything negative, or side against one of similar race, no matter how guilty they look prior to trial.
I really dont care what color one is, if i think theyre guilty (yes OJ is!) so be it. McGuire is also and his HOF votes lean that way....
I was rooting for Aaron during his HR run, because I respected the man....I look forward to Arods HR run toward the end, which will put this whole "Bonds" thing behind, as an embarrassment for a great player, future HOFer, who made a wrong choice that history will always note.....and thats just a shame, isnt it?
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 12:52am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel
I was rooting for Aaron during his HR run, because I respected the man....I look forward to Arods HR run toward the end, which will put this whole "Bonds" thing behind, as an embarrassment for a great player, future HOFer, who made a wrong choice that history will always note.....and thats just a shame, isnt it?
It is considering he had enough talent to break the record on his own. It's like being a millionaire and robbing a bank.

Aaron had to put up with extreme racist sh$$. Unbelievable character, if he had a personality, no telling........
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 01:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitump56
You won't buy the proof either. Still defending OJ? If Bonds was white, you'd have thrown him into the hellfire years ago.
You obviously did not read anything I said about McGuire. He is white right? I think McGuire is a hall of famer. I think McGuire broke the single hitting record with a legal substance. I think McGuire is only singled out because he was mentioned in a book by someone that had an ax to grind. Also there has been more than one white player in the Majors and in the Minors that have tested positive for steroids (not assumed steroids, actually substances). My position is the same for all of them. If Major League Baseball wanted a policy of steroids 10 years ago, they had evidence to put one in. It is only when the precious Babe Ruth was being passed that anyone started to give a damn. You cannot turn back the clock now and start talking about fake science that does not even apply. All I know is that someone that has been tested for the last 3 years has come clean every single time. And if Bonds was taking a substance, why is he getting away with it and how is he continuing to hit home runs? I want more evidence other than "His hat size is bigger, that is the proof we are looking for."

Quote:
OK so let me get this straight. Bonds did not do sterioids (no proof) but just in case he did, they are not illegal.
I learned long time ago never to say what someone did not do or has not done. I have no idea what someone took that I do not personally know and that I was not around them 24/7. I just want some proof other than hat sizes and waist lines. I know there is not a parent here that can honestly say what their kid has never done or will never do. So how can any of us here say what someone did based on some very shady evidence.

BTW, OJ was found not guilty. Get over it already.

Quote:
I'd go on but I'll just get out of your way while you rant like a drunken lunaic and make a fool of yourself.
For the record I think you have been put on the ignore list by just about every respected umpire on this site. I might not be the most popular guy, but it is clear people can read my posts because they respond to them. Even those posters that have had some of the biggest, knock down, drag out fights with me long before you got here have not done that to me. So I would be careful who you are calling a fool. Most of your posts people are calling you names (if you are not on the ignore lists of the others). Whether most agree with me or not, most people seemed to have some respect for what I have to say even if they completely disagree most of my positions.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Aug 06, 2007 at 02:15am.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 01:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25

Actually I welcome the talks about race. I just find it funny when someone other than a white male brings up race on any level; we are playing the race card.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Aug 06, 2007 at 02:13am.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 01:38am
Official Forum Member

Celebrity Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Anderson is in jail because he refuses to talk to the grand jury. All he has to do to get out is answer their questions.

Now, then, if he can honestly say that he never provided steroids to Bonds, he would be a free man tomorrow. Yet he remains in jail.
What if Greg Anderson were a criminal defense lawyer, a TV minister or a Washington journalist? I could care less for informants because so many testify in exchange for immunity. Anderson has a right not to implicate himself any further. He is honestly serving more time after already serving some time. People cried foul when Paris Hilton was ordered to remain in jail after 4 days. Free Greg Anderson!

How can any testimony after time served in jail be "honestly" used? For example, the NBA comissioner stated a referee was reprimanded for gambling allegations in 2005. I guess that wasn't enough for the NBA. Rather than flip-flop; MLB has decided to indefinitely remain silent on any ruling over the Barry Bond's controversy. Why risk double the financial jeopardy Barry has generated while breaking the home run record? The MLB generated media coverage certainly profits from reporting any news.

Some folks believe million dollar athletes convicted of dealing steroids or illegal gambling should go to jail. Gee, the real criminals are tickled to death now. Last time I checked, I'm living in a very dangerous city. I wish ESPN would donate some valuable police resources towards fighting serious neighborhood crime in cities across the country. Crimes that actually mean something to the average Joe. PETA and vegetarians get no sympathy from me.

Last edited by SAump; Mon Aug 06, 2007 at 02:10am.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 02:07am
In Time Out

Quote:
Actually I welcome the talks about race. I just find it funny when someone other than a white male brings up race on any level; we are playing the race card.
Got it, thanks.

Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 02:10am
In Time Out

Quote:
You obviously did not read anything I said about McGuire. He is white right? I think McGuire is a hall of famer. I think McGuire broke the single hitting record with a legal substance. I think McGuire is only singled out because he was mentioned in a book by someone that had an ax to grind. Also there has been more than one white player in the Majors and in the Minors that have tested positive for steroids (not assumed steroids, actually substances). My position is the same for all of them.
Then we agree. Bonds, McGuire, all of them are lying, cheating scumbags. So what is your point? I don't see you endlessly defending the McGuire scumbag, only the Bonds scumbag. Imagine that.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 02:12am
In Time Out

Quote:

For the record I think you have been put on the ignore list by just about every respected umpire on this site.
Sorry to see you're not respected.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 02:41am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Then we agree. Bonds, McGuire, all of them are lying, cheating scumbags. So what is your point?
When you learn basic reading skills, come and talk to me.

Quote:
I don't see you endlessly defending the McGuire scumbag, only the Bonds scumbag. Imagine that.
This conversation was started about Bonds. I was the person that brought up anything about McGuire. I said that "Andro" was legal and it still is from my understanding. If we want to get technical steroids is also a legal substance with a prescription. You just cannot sell it without a prescription. I know people that take them every day for many common conditions. But if you play in the NFL (and you do not inform the league) or you are an Olympic Athlete you cannot use them. Ask anyone that has asthma. I guess that has something to do with OJ too?

Peace
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 02:43am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Sorry to see you're not respected.
He did not say he put me on the ignore list and he is not a long time respected poster. How many times this month have people said you were on their ignore list? I lost track.

Peace
Closed Thread