Thread: Bud Selig
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 06, 2007, 01:38am
Official Forum Member

Celebrity Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Anderson is in jail because he refuses to talk to the grand jury. All he has to do to get out is answer their questions.

Now, then, if he can honestly say that he never provided steroids to Bonds, he would be a free man tomorrow. Yet he remains in jail.
What if Greg Anderson were a criminal defense lawyer, a TV minister or a Washington journalist? I could care less for informants because so many testify in exchange for immunity. Anderson has a right not to implicate himself any further. He is honestly serving more time after already serving some time. People cried foul when Paris Hilton was ordered to remain in jail after 4 days. Free Greg Anderson!

How can any testimony after time served in jail be "honestly" used? For example, the NBA comissioner stated a referee was reprimanded for gambling allegations in 2005. I guess that wasn't enough for the NBA. Rather than flip-flop; MLB has decided to indefinitely remain silent on any ruling over the Barry Bond's controversy. Why risk double the financial jeopardy Barry has generated while breaking the home run record? The MLB generated media coverage certainly profits from reporting any news.

Some folks believe million dollar athletes convicted of dealing steroids or illegal gambling should go to jail. Gee, the real criminals are tickled to death now. Last time I checked, I'm living in a very dangerous city. I wish ESPN would donate some valuable police resources towards fighting serious neighborhood crime in cities across the country. Crimes that actually mean something to the average Joe. PETA and vegetarians get no sympathy from me.

Last edited by SAump; Mon Aug 06, 2007 at 02:10am.