The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 23, 2007, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

I worked the plate yesterday in a state championship game, 16-17 year olds. We had a 5 minute pre-game. And everyone did EXACTLY what they were supposed to do.

Of course none of us were rookies, and all of us rarely work a 6 man game, which makes pre-game essential.

I will never work a game with someone I have not worked with without at least a 5 minute pregame. I can say a lot in 5 minutes. With someone I have worked with often the pregame is very brief.
Old Tue Jul 24, 2007, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
I will admit to bad judgement in my situation, and yes I should have gone behind a tree. As for pregame discussions, not having a driver's license makes things tough, and most of the people in my league are there 10 minutes before game time so there is no option of going to their car to change. I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just explaining my point of view. But for those of you who umpire at parks that do not have dressing rooms, what do your younger umpires do who do not drive? They have no car to get changed by, so what are they supposed to do?.
Come dressed (or at least have the undergarments on).

park the bike by the dressing room.

Park the bike near the back of the parking lot where you would park if you had a car.

Get a ride.
Old Tue Jul 24, 2007, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Canadaump, are there rest rooms for men at this park?

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Tue Jul 24, 2007, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

The rest room floors were drenched in urine and water. Not saying that is an excuse, just saying.

Seeing as this thread has turned into a "let's all get nasty at canadaump6 and make severely unkind judgements" thread, I think it is only fair that I take a stand.

(remainder of post deleted)

Last edited by bob jenkins; Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 03:20pm.
Old Tue Jul 24, 2007, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
The rest room floors were drenched in urine and water. Not saying that is an excuse, just saying.

Seeing as this thread has turned into a "let's all get nasty at canadaump6 and make severely unkind judgements" thread, I think it is only fair that I take a stand.
I don't think it did, and the rest of what you posted is a copy (or very close to one) of a post that's already been deleted once.
Closed Thread