The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 24, 2001, 07:11pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Hi Guys!

I've taken the off-season away from this board but now that BB season is heatin' up I'm back and looking forward to having some great discussions about the sport we love to officiate. You've all been a tremendous help to me in the past and I'm expecting more of the same!

Let the games begin!!

Paul
Old Wed Oct 24, 2001, 08:43pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Welcome back, Paul. Hope you have fun. Are you up to date on this year's rule changes? I'm referring specifically to the new rule that says all players must address the officials as "sir" or "ma'am", but not both. Also the one that says coaches must now register as rabid howler monkeys with their local zoo.

BTW - how are things in Southern Oregon? Do you guys still get paid in pelts?
Old Wed Oct 24, 2001, 08:58pm
Esteemed Participant

Southern Oregon? Isn't that basically the same thing as Northern California?? And don't forget the new rule about refs wearing only all-white shoes!!
Old Thu Oct 25, 2001, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Welcome back, Paul. Hope you have fun. Are you up to date on this year's rule changes? I'm referring specifically to the new rule that says all players must address the officials as "sir" or "ma'am", but not both. Also the one that says coaches must now register as rabid howler monkeys with their local zoo. BTW - how are things in Southern Oregon? Do you guys still get paid in pelts?
Mark,

I thought I was up on the latest changes, but I can see I need to go back and look again. I've officiated with some guys for whom neither "sir" or "ma'am" would really work.

Sadly, here in EASTERN Oregon, we no longer accept pelts in exchange for doing games. I, for one, was bummed. Now they just give us money! Good grief, what are suppossed to do with money??? We have to drive to Portland to find a store!!

Paul
Old Thu Oct 25, 2001, 12:36pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul LeBoutillier
Sadly, here in EASTERN Oregon, we no longer accept pelts in exchange for doing games. I, for one, was bummed. Now they just give us money! Good grief, what are suppossed to do with money??? We have to drive to Portland to find a store!! Paul
I hope you can find a store here that still accepts wampum. As to confusing Eastern Oregon with Southern Oregon - doesn't everyone?

When you come to Portland, give me a call. I know a good blacksmith who can give your covered wagon a tune-up.

BTW - how are the peach baskets holding up in your gyms?

OK, OK, enough for now, buddy.