The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 20, 2006, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Double Picket Fence

My team ran that play on a sure double. Second and short went out on relay. Everyone else had a task to do.

"He's not a scab because he only works part-time." This thing about AMLU guys filling in to work games for whatever reason this year because it was okay to do last year STRIKES. What is the lawyer thinking, "Let us plug the leaks and hope the BIG ship will sink faster, and eventually sinks deeper too." Someone better start asking some good questions because I don't think everyone is on the same page here.
Old Thu Apr 20, 2006, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGGY
Don't know who you are talking to. I hope it isn't me as I said none of those things. If you are truely siting AMLU umpires and PBUC staff, then site specifically who you are talking about and what specifically they have said on the issue. Fitz has wisely kept his mouth shut on this issue, so who is it you are talking about? I think you are just talking, trying to make people believe you are in some way important and a privy to "inside" information. You aren't in the game now, and unless you site who it is that you say is giving you information I am saying (having first hand information on the situation) that you are full of $h!T.

I must have missed a memo. When exactly did you specifically cite your source?

Another day in the books and still no call for the AMLU guys to save the day.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 07:06am.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 12:13am
Official Forum Member

You offered no proof as to your opinion. I cited two current instructors from a professional school and someone in Fitz's immediate entourage (it is not that big, so if you can't figure it out that says much about you). You contend that no recent graduates of either professional school are working as replacement umpires and I said otherwise. The box scores prove you wrong, Mr. Wizard. A past student of mine went to pro school three years ago and this past year. He graduated and was offered games. He has worked at least six games that I'm aware of thus far. Hmmmmm...

I think we all know what you are...but once it becomes 0s and 1s, Bob and Mick will delete the post. (Snicker, giggle, chuckle)

Last edited by bob jenkins; Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 07:07am.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 12:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
The box scores prove you wrong, Mr. Wizard.
im not joining in the arguments that are going on, i have a a serious question: i was under the impression that the names of umpires were being left out of box scores, and i have also heard that umpires names arent announced. are some allowing their name to be put into the box score, or was my impression incorrect?
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 12:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin
im not joining in the arguments that are going on, i have a a serious question: i was under the impression that the names of umpires were being left out of box scores, and i have also heard that umpires names arent announced. are some allowing their name to be put into the box score, or was my impression incorrect?
Brian,

MiLB has ordered that umpire names are not announced or released. I don't have the link handy, but this comes directly from an MiLB interview/press release.

If any names are released it would be by request of the specific umpire.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 05:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblue1
Brian,

MiLB has ordered that umpire names are not announced or released. I don't have the link handy, but this comes directly from an MiLB interview/press release.

If any names are released it would be by request of the specific umpire.

Actually, I agree with SoCal1, to a point...the league will not disperse the names of replacement umpires unless they receive express permission. Many umpires don't feel the pressure that is imagined by so many here. They have no qualms about working.

If you want to know some of the names, the AMLU boys have no issue publishing them either. Apparently they are immune to the etiquette they wish afforded them. Whatever happened to, 'Brothers in umpiring don't bash each other.'? Respect must be earned by the AMLU gang and they aren't chalking up too many points with the locals. Those guys pay them to come to their winter clinics. They also used to work some Fall ball with them.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You offered no proof as to your opinion. I cited two current instructors from a professional school and someone in Fitz's immediate entourage (it is not that big, so if you can't figure it out that says much about you). You contend that no recent graduates of either professional school are working as replacement umpires and I said otherwise. The box scores prove you wrong, Mr. Wizard. A past student of mine went to pro school three years ago and this past year. He graduated and was offered games. He has worked at least six games that I'm aware of thus far. Hmmmmm...

I think we all know what you are...but once it becomes 0s and 1s, Bob and Mick will delete the post. (Snicker, giggle, chuckle)
If you did site anyone at all, I missed it. Point out where you mentioned who it is you claim to be in good with. Not only won't you, you can't.

-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by bob jenkins; Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 02:09pm.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Well my opinion doesn't mean much, but I have been around this board long enough to know WWTB and his posts. He has a history here that makes me think he knows what he says he knows.

You came on the seen just recently and have no history. I'd believe him over you in a heart beat.

And besides that, I haven't seen you name anyone either???

Only reputation at this point....

Quote:
If you did site anyone at all, I missed it. Point out where you mentioned who it is you claim to be in good with. Not only won't you, you can't. You thought that talking big would make you look big. You are a clown, and you continue to prove it.
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 02:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Let's just say the "scabs" out there now don't have their GED or they are high school dropouts. No diploma neccessary, or experience for that matter.
Just to answer your question, he's under the goal post at Giant Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

The blind leading the blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliix
Well my opinion doesn't mean much, but I have been around this board long enough to know WWTB and his posts. He has a history here that makes me think he knows what he says he knows.

You came on the seen just recently and have no history. I'd believe him over you in a heart beat.

And besides that, I haven't seen you name anyone either???

Only reputation at this point....

That makes no sense. Your arguement here is idiotic at best.

I don't have to prove my sources, I am my source. wwtb isn't in the game, and doesn't really know what the hell is going on.

-Benjamin Franklin
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Let's clarify this:

1. NO 2006 PBUC graduate has been offered a job, becasue there are none.

2. Those finishing PBUC were told only where on 'the list' they were & advised of the potential opportunity of a job.

3. If this student simply completed the 5 week course, so what? He's now a well trained (If he paid attention & showed up that is. If he suffered a 'spider bite' then your post means less than zero, because that's what this individual's potential is) umpire ready to learn his/her craft.

Of course this is only my opinion.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Two for the price of one:

Quote:
That makes no sense. Your arguement (sic) here is idiotic at best.

I don't have to prove my sources, I am my source. wwtb isn't in the game, and doesn't really know what the hell is going on.
That IS priceless...by your own admission, you are not a Minor League umpire, never were and aren't associated directly with the process...that's a hell of a source! Next, you'll tell us that you are the head of a PR firm and live for spinning tales. You couldn't justify being wet after you fell out of a boat.

My sources have been utilized here for quite some time. They keep proving me right. Unlike you, I actually worked the games that are in question. I earned the right to say what I want about the current regime. That's far more than you can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal1
Let's clarify this:

1. NO 2006 PBUC graduate has been offered a job, becasue (sic) there are none.

2. Those finishing PBUC were told only where on 'the list' they were & advised of the potential opportunity of a job.

3. If this student simply completed the 5 week course, so what? He's now a well trained (If he paid attention & showed up that is. If he suffered a 'spider bite' then your post means less than zero, because that's what this individual's potential is) umpire ready to learn his/her craft.

Of course this is only my opinion.
1.) Stop twisting words, I wrote that recent pro school graduates were offered jobs as replacements. They were and are working at some low levels.

2.) Read #1

3.) Earlier arguments from the AMLU support group (sounds like a twelve step program) cited that if a 'scab' wanted the right to work in the Minors, he should have paid the money for pro school and been asked to work. Hmmmm...

Of course, you must be omniscient to be able to judge an umpire's talent and potential, sight unseen. I'm curious, how does one get that job? Did you have to go to pro school?

The hole just keeps getting deeper for those thinking like you. The replacements are working out just fine and by the middle of May some top flight D1 umpires will be available for work in the AAA. The AMLU boys made a serious error and are scrambling to target those who are doing just fine. The photos and names on their site are proof of how low they'll stoop. I recall an email that demnaded that as brothers in umpiring we need to support each other. They refused those assignments and now trash the reputations of those that remember their role in the game...nice! Of course, that is only my opinion.
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 08:53pm
Official Forum Member

Running your mouth with nothing to say...

Quote:

That IS priceless...by your own admission, you are not a Minor League umpire, never were and aren't associated directly with the process...that's a hell of a source!

? interesting but not accurate!

My sources have been utilized here for quite some time. They keep proving me right. Unlike you, I actually worked the games that are in question. I earned the right to say what I want about the current regime. That's far more than you can say.

? Your sources are? and you worked specifically what? you don't get to claim anything unless you are willing to back it up.

1.) Stop twisting words, I wrote that recent pro school graduates were offered jobs as replacements. They were and are working at some low levels.

School washouts- lets get our facts straight
2.) Read #1

3.) Earlier arguments from the AMLU support group (sounds like a twelve step program) cited that if a 'scab' wanted the right to work in the Minors, he should have paid the money for pro school and been asked to work. Hmmmm...

If they weren't good enough out of school what does that tell you about the willingness of MiLB to put any guy in a blue shirt on the field regardless of umpiring ability?

Of course, you must be omniscient to be able to judge an umpire's talent and potential, sight unseen. I'm curious, how does one get that job? Did you have to go to pro school?

I only call what I'VE SEEN!

The hole just keeps getting deeper for those thinking like you. The replacements are working out just fine and by the middle of May some top flight D1 umpires will be available for work in the AAA. The AMLU boys made a serious error and are scrambling to target those who are doing just fine. The photos and names on their site are proof of how low they'll stoop. I recall an email that demnaded that as brothers in umpiring we need to support each other. They refused those assignments and now trash the reputations of those that remember their role in the game...nice! Of course, that is only my opinion.
You can try to convince yourself and others that this is true, but you know and time will show the reality of the situation to be otherwise. There is a reason your career ended when it did...

-Benjamin Franklin
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

Hey Jiggy, it's like this. You just got here and have no reputation. WWTB has been here for along time and IMHO has a reputation for giving accurate information about the game. (Pi$$ing contests with Rut excluded, I won't even go there). I'd be much more likely to believe him and very unlikely, considering your short stay here and the quality of your posts, to believe you at all. And I am betting I am not alone in that assessment.

If you are asking WWTB to prove his sources then do the same. You are not producing the information, so you can't be your own source. That kind of thinking truely is idiotic.

You are getting your "information" some where from some one. What's your source???

I bet you dimes for dollars you'll post some innane crap and still won't give a source....

Name a source and prove me wrong. Otherwise your just talking shi.....

Quote:
That makes no sense. Your arguement here is idiotic at best.

Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 10:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliix
I'd be much more likely to believe him and very unlikely, considering your short stay here and the quality of your posts, to believe you at all. And I am betting I am not alone in that assessment.
NO, YOU'RE NOT
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25